• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Smoke Sausage and Mac n cheese

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone have a delicious way I could jazz up smoke sausage and mac n cheese? That's what we are having for dinner, and I'm tired of mixing them together, and I'm tired of frying the sausage. I want something knew. TIA

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jacobsmommy0907
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:39 PM

dont mix them togethe... cook the sausage then grab a bottle of bbq sauce and mix it in.

3timesoccermom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:41 PM

Every time I see your screen name I smile, brown_crayon.  I think it's so cute. 

nikonme
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:42 PM
It actually sounds good! :)
LaciR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM

I love sausage! I agree about the BBQ sauce!

2brats1chkymnky
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:44 PM

You could add a can of chili beans into it and maybe a little extra cheese. If your family likes tomatoes add that.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
brown_crayon07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM

OO That sounds good! And we have PLENTY of BBQ sauce. LOL. They were on sell last summer 10 for 10, so we got 20 thinking we would BBQ more then we did. We have about 11 of them left. WooHoo. LOL

Quoting jacobsmommy0907:

dont mix them togethe... cook the sausage then grab a bottle of bbq sauce and mix it in.

Brianneb79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Well I can tell you how me and my mom make it. We don't use smoked sausage but it should work just fine. We usually buy turkey sausage or kielbasa.

All you need is a can of cream of mushroom soup and add a can of water, milk or you can even use sour cream. Let it cook on low then start your water to boil. Keep it on low so it doesn't thin out to much. Once your macaroni is done coat it lightly with butter and mix it in. Layer cheese on top (we get shredded but sliced is fine) put a lid on it, keep it on low until it melts.

It's really quick and easy. My husband and kids love it!

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Try baking the sausage while you're cooking up the mac & cheese on the stove. Then cut the sausages in half, serve on a platter, with your sides of Mac & cheese, then some veggies & a salad. Toasted garlic bread would be a treat with this meal.

brown_crayon07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM

LOL. Thanks, it's actually a little joke between my brother and me.  =]

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

Every time I see your screen name I smile, brown_crayon.  I think it's so cute. 

brown_crayon07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:49 PM

Thanks Ladies. So many tasty ways to choose from. I'll have to keep these all in mind!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)