Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it mean?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM
  • 7 Replies

my brothers bday is Monday... (hell be 23 and has downs syndrome) he had his wisdom teeth pulled today... I was going up to visit him tomorrow... I wanted to make him a bday cake... but I wasnt sure with him having teeth pulled... Does it seem mean?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ROBIN99
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

IDK... DEPENDS ON HOW HE FEELS PAIN WISE.

GO ASTROS!! HAVE A GREAT 2009 SEASON

Mom_to_Owen
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Absolutley not!  Even if he cant eat it, I'm sure he would really appreciate you making the cake.

I think the spongy cake texture should be OK for him.

marina069
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:56 PM

it's been so long since i had mine pulled i don't remember, but he wouldn't be able to eat it then, so that might upset him, how about a present and some balloons or something and let him know when his mouth doesn't hurt anymore you will bring his cake over, that way he knows its coming, just an idea

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

nemiller
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM

i don't think so.  the thought is still nice.  but maybe you could get a small thing of ice cream as well?  then even if he can't eat the cake, he can have some ice cream.

shaedog3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM

i had mine pulled last year and i think it is a good idea, just dont put nuts or something like that in it!

dastle
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM

I don't think it's mean, just have a blender on site.LOL     My SO just had his last 2 removed and it took him a week to be able to really eat anything, but everyone's different, my sister was eating pretty much normal the day after,

meb3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Give him a gift and maybe make the cake later when he can enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)