• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please NOT the same ole same ole with ground beef. Help !!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM
  • 14 Replies

My oven is BROKE dammit!! I am *so* sick of spaghetti, tacos, hamburger-helper, sloppy joes, bla..bla... Anyone got any better ideas for ground beef on TOP of the stove? Thanks.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marina069
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:59 PM

darn, and i was going to say spaghetti and meatballs, lol, how about meatloaf or hamburgers, sorry not more help

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

marshsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM

If you can cook on the grill you can make some scout burgers.  Make meatballs using egg and oatmeal then make a foil bag and put in the same veggies you would use for a roast (carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, whatever you like) and place the bags on the grill to cook.

Another (not so glamorous) option is brown and drain beef add 2 cans of pork and beans, 2 tbls ketchup.    Serve over egg noodles...I LOVE this stuff!

Swt_Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM

UMM MAYBE SOME EMPANADAS ITS KINDA LIKE A ENCLOSED TACO BUT ITS FRIED

ARE YOU THE ONE THAT POSTED ABOUT YOU CAT?

marshsmom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I thought of one more....make up some brown rice and saute some veggies (I use carrots and broccoli) and onion.  Brown and drain the beef and mix everything together to make dirty rice.  This one is yummy too and little healthier than the beans and egg noodles. :)

mnmsmom2008
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Swedish meatballs, just brown the burger on the stovetop instead of making the meatballs in the oven or cook the meatballs in a pan with a top on it.  Sloppy pig, I make this in the slow cooker, it's kind of like this recipe

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandma-Elaines-Unstuffed-Sweet-and-Sour-Cabbage/Detail.aspx

aidansmom0313
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM

Well you can always mix the browned ground beef with macaroni and cheese (real cheese and noodles not the boxed stuff).  I also found this recipe online:

Cheapskate Stew

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

• 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 3 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 2 cups water
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
  • 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
  • salt to taste
  • ground black pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Brown the hamburger meat with onion and celery. Drain (if it is fatty hamburger meat).
    2. Add water and carrots, then cook 'til carrots are beginning to get tender. The carrots will be crunchy unless you cook them a fairly long time.
    3. Add leftover vegetables, macaroni, tomato sauce, Italian spices, and salt and pepper to taste, and simmer until the flavors blend and all ingredients are warm through.

Aimalee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I got this recipe from another cafe mom:

dice up an onion and fry til soft

brown hamburger and drain

mix up some cream of mushroom soup with half the normal amount of water and combine with the onion and hamburger.

Serve over noodles, rice or even toast (my kids' fave) :)

Humboldt0608
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Do you have a crock pot?

amybarnhart08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:10 PM

ok cook the ground beef like always , then add 2 cans of Hunt's diced tomatos with garlic basil and oregano, and 1 lb of elbow noodles, throw in some italian seasoning and VOILA an amazing and easy meal

we always serve this meal with garlic breadsticks......yummmmm

mtfarms
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Check out www.kraft.com.  They have some ground beef/turkey recipes on there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)