Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DOES ANYONE PLAN THERE DINNERS WEEKLY OR MONTHLY?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM
  • 28 Replies

me an my SO are still pretty young an befor we had our son we ate out alot an just bought stuff day by day to make for dinner...but now were trying to budget stuff an get the most out of the month so we decided to shop a months worth an plan our dinners for the whole month...an i spent like 200 bucks an got a whole months worth of food...an i wrote out all the dinners an what day this would be an so on.....does anyone else do this an does it work out for your family....i feel like we need some structure an in need to learn how to cook every night ...as i soon will need to when my boy gets older an actually can eat at teh dinner table!!!

i even drew out the whole calender an posted it on the fridge an told him i will not change any night that is what we are having...lol..he also told me that he always wanted to assign a night for something...lol..so its taco tuesday no matter what....i feel so grown up now.....lol....

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Good for you! That is a great thing to do. We do weekly around here and it sure helps us save money and takes the stress out of "whats for dinner"... 

babys-first-easter01.gif  babys-second-easter1.gif

Stefanie~ Mom to Irish Twins Liam (7/07) and Molly (06/08)
justinejoy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Awesome for you!!!!

I started about a month and a half ago - and oh my gosh, things are so much better!!!

It is very hard being a personal chef for three meals and two snacks a day.  So not only do I have dinner on there (we have taco tuesday too) but I have all the snacks and lunches and breakfast.  The kids now know, if its not on the menu we aren't having it. (chicken nuggets and french fries..LOL) 

I am saving money in the long run on grocery shopping and not wasting as much food either.  I use up the extra stuff in something later in the week. 

Justine butterfly on head  

mirandar2001
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Nope. I go day to day. If I don't feel like cooking, out we go..

jakki21
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM

i did  that in the beginning when i first got married. but eventually i just stopped cooking.my hubby was deserving of it.

25beengoodtome
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:06 PM

My DH & I are retired now. We also live about 35-45 minute's drive from the local grocer's. And, I'm on a retirement fund, = monthly pay.

I try to plan out enough meals for the month(never expecting perfection! LOL !) Then, I'll buy the meats and frozen veggies for the main meals, pack the freezer, and we try to get through the month. We found the less time we spent at the store, the less money we spent.

KatelynsMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I soooo want to start doing this.. but i just dont know if i can! I need some motivation.. ideas.. something!! This would make my life soo much easier than the usual, "what do u want tonight.. I dunno, what do you want" stuff! Any tips ladies??

sassy71
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM

I need to start....

CeCe

nemiller
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:08 PM

i go to the grocery store every two weeks.  i plan my meals two weeks at a time, because then i have less to try to cram into my refrigerator and freezer.

meb3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I plan my dinners day by day, the food is always in the fridge to cook.

mtfarms
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:09 PM

I do weekly.  I look at the menu in the morning & then decide what we are going to have.  Even though I have say bacon cheeseburger roll-up listed for Thursday, we may have it another day.  It has helped alot & we are eating better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)