Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Activities theropist in nursing home

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 3 Replies

I got an offer for a job interview to work 10 hr days 4 days a week in a nursing home as an activities therapist. I have some experience in working for human services working with people who have disabilities and younger people. I have no real experience working in a nursing home. They said they could train me so that would be fine. However I would like it if someone could give me a good description of what the activities therapist does in a nursing home so that I'm not completely out of the loop. Also how much does it pay. I was told that I would have to work T-S from 8-6:30 and I'm a little nervous about the every Sat thing unless it is a decent pay.

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:22 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
full time workers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

> The Cafe Group Admin Team

Skygirl1985
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM

BUMP!!!!

All moms are super heros so come check out this group. If you are already a member please take part in the photo contest we are having!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/Superheromoms

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I am not sure all of what they do. I did work in a nursing home for many years, but I was a nursing assistant. I know our activity director planned and carried out several activities for the day. There were some things that were regular stuff, like church services, BINGO, weekly singing, ect. They also had crafts throughout the month. And usually had some kind of a trip like to a mall or walmart, the zoo, even a potato  chip factory. She also did one on one visits with the ones who never got visitors, passed out the mail, and was in charge of the volunteers (candy stripers). I hope this helped some what. Every nursing home varies in how they operates. I have seen some really nice ones and then there is ones that I wouldn't leave a dead rat there.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)