Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you leave your SO if they could no longer finacially provide?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM
  • 89 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you leave your SO if they could no longer finacially provide?

Options:

Yes

No

Not sure

I am the main fincial provider of the family.

I don't have SO.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 278

View Results

Ok, on today's Oprah there were couples who were splitting after the husband lost his job. So, would you leave your SO if he could no longer financially provide for your family?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonfly24
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

were in this together

TIA(31)  DH(38) T-MAN (10) T-BONE (5) LAYLA BUG 08-25-2008!!!!

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Of course not, lol. I love him, not his money. I'd live in a treehouse with him if that's what it took.

momof3girls75
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:24 PM
NO, I said for Richer or Poor!

FlowerPowerSiggy.jpg momof3girls75 Flower Power Siggy (Unanimated) picture by kisses2kenney

amymarie0315
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM

I would leave him.. at home so I could go to work and provide financially for the family.

justinejoy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:25 PM

umm can you say, SHALLOW?  I know someone who once said that about her husband - made my stomach turn.   How could you turn your back on your husband after he gets laid off?  That is a huge thing to go through, especially if you have been there a long time and had no idea it was coming. 

I went through it, and couldn't imagine if I would have been married and my husband left me because of it.. shallow shallow shallow.

Justine butterfly on head  

Humboldt0608
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Are you kidding me? Do you know what an e-2 makes in the military...I def. didn't marry him for his money. LOL

That's just sad that people would leave their spouses for such a petty reason.

livingonmyknees

My answer is: it depends. It depends on why he could no longer provide. Did he get laid off & can not find work? Then yes I would stay with him. Did he suffer a debilitating injury? Then I would stay. Is he just being a lazy couch potato with no desire whatsoever to even get up & look for a job? Yes I would stay, but I would give him an opportunity to get up & look for work. If he refused, then I would leave. To me, that would show how little he cared about his family & family is number one in my personal opinon.

themacs4

There has to be other problems besides that.  That is ridiculous!!

MrsTabangcura
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

I voted I am the main financial provider. DH was laid off so I provide for us. Bur if you seen my post I'm happy about it. He will noe be a full time SAHD until the kids are in school and I'm happy for it!!!!! 

LWRIGHT13
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:27 PM

YEP YEP me too.

Quoting momof3girls75:

NO, I said for Richer or Poor!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)