Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

F*ing CPS...edit in red

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 45 Replies

Ok this officially makes me think that CPS is stupid, or my neighbors hate me.  Either way its not a happy thought. 

So I was sitting on the couch yet again.  I'm 30w4d with twins so sitting is about all that is comfortable these days.  I heard a knock at the door and asked them to hold on a sec.  I was just in a long t shirt LOL!  So I answer the door and there is some official looking lady standing there.  She lets me know she's with children's services and that there was a complaint filed against me.  At this point I'm trying not to laugh and she gets all huffy. "Mam this is no laughing matter."  I'm standing behind the door she hasn't seen my belly yet, btw.  So I let her in.  It takes, oh....about 8 seconds for her to realize there are no kids here!  The only ones in this apartment are sitting in the rather large baby bump I'm carrying.  So she starts asking about a toddler she mentioned that looked neglected because I would leave her here alone during the day.  I'm thinking lady first off you should realize there are no kids here already, second do I LOOK like I go out all day and night and party?  I can barely waddle around my damn apartment.  Well she finally leaves with NO apology.  Yeah lady I'm not the one who wasted your time, you should have researched something first (is that even possible for them to do before they come by??)

So I have two main suspects.  One is the little older lady I've managed to piss of time and again.  She's a mean ole bitty.  It started when DH and I were sitting in a gazeebo at the complex.  We shared a quick kiss and she freaked out on us saying we're about to have sex in public...lol I said "well we sure have an audience for it!" She already called the SPCA on me about my "starved and neglected kitty."  She was proud and actually confessed to me.  Well SPCA shows up to see my cat who is by no means starved (although she is petite) and spoiled as hell. Yeah, the cat has more toys then I think the babies have right now!

The other susupects...my neighbors who I had to call the police on when  fight got physical.  They know its me, and we have a long history...well at least one from last June...

So my question, does CPS actually research before going to a complaint or just show up?  I mean seriously!!!

EDIT*
  LOL I am venting my anger at the wrong people.  I'm just ticked that the lady got pissy with me not the callers LOL

pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:41 PM

By the way I didn't think about this, but she could have had the wrong apartment.  

pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar
Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:42 PM

i wouldnt think so but i dunno,but i am with you they should do theresearch first before coming out like that,i cant believe that.

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I seriously thought it was a prank at first.  My bff and I have a long history of good pranks.

Quoting Butterfly07Mama:

i wouldnt think so but i dunno,but i am with you they should do theresearch first before coming out like that,i cant believe that.

pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar
justinejoy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I am glad to hear they came by :)   Just makes me know that they are doing there job.  There is no sure way to find out if there is a child there unless you go physically look.  Anyone can make false documents.   But that is a funny story, I think.. LOL   How stupid that lady must have felt!

Justine butterfly on head  

themacs4
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Do you know of any toddlers that live nearby?  I don't know why I find this so comical.   From your description, I have a mental image of you waddling around an apt. with cat toys neatly stacked in the corner like baby toys!!!  Good luck with the babies!!  :)

ECMOM970
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I can help you with this...I use to do CPS casework for 8 years before I had to leave or kill someone!!! Anyway...When CPS gets a call they ask the caller where the child is located and...if they gave your number then that is all they have to do is show up...also...when you do have your babies and they go to school...they can talk to your child at school without your consent. They have to investigate the allegations if serious enough! They really do not have much to go on when they get a call. Now if I was the worker I would have said I was sorry and asked if there was a child in the building that you would have noticed not getting good care. Also...You DO NOT have to let CPS in your home at all - they just like law enforcement cannot just come into your home without a warrent/court order - they can ask but you DO NOT have to allow them in! Also...CPS caseworkers are bitchy - I know that when I first started I was always happy and excited to do my job and then it got to be a pain and I think I could have not always been as nice as I should have been thus why I had to leave! You could call the CPS office and say she was rude and make a complaint about it - especially if you do not have any babies (out of your belly yet).

katzmeow726
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Yeah.  I am glad they came by, but at the same time she got mad at me!  You're probably right she was just embarassed as hell.

Quoting justinejoy:

I am glad to hear they came by :)   Just makes me know that they are doing there job.  There is no sure way to find out if there is a child there unless you go physically look.  Anyone can make false documents.   But that is a funny story, I think.. LOL   How stupid that lady must have felt!

pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar
katzmeow726
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Hehe I let her in just so she could see how silly the allegations were.  Like I said about 8 seconds into the one bed room apartment and she quickly realized the mistake.  I had nothing to hide (save for some clutter since we're moving soon)

Quoting ECMOM970:

I can help you with this...I use to do CPS casework for 8 years before I had to leave or kill someone!!! Anyway...When CPS gets a call they ask the caller where the child is located and...if they gave your number then that is all they have to do is show up...also...when you do have your babies and they go to school...they can talk to your child at school without your consent. They have to investigate the allegations if serious enough! They really do not have much to go on when they get a call. Now if I was the worker I would have said I was sorry and asked if there was a child in the building that you would have noticed not getting good care. Also...You DO NOT have to let CPS in your home at all - they just like law enforcement cannot just come into your home without a warrent/court order - they can ask but you DO NOT have to allow them in! Also...CPS caseworkers are bitchy - I know that when I first started I was always happy and excited to do my job and then it got to be a pain and I think I could have not always been as nice as I should have been thus why I had to leave! You could call the CPS office and say she was rude and make a complaint about it - especially if you do not have any babies (out of your belly yet).

pregnancy week by week

pregnancy calendar
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:47 PM

I don't know for certain but I doubt they check each and every one out. It probably depends on what neighborhood you live in and what time the call is placed at. I am not so sure that they could have got the wrong apartment seeing as how I am sure they usually write down the apartment number and check it before going.

StephanieLtd
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM
It's not CPS's fault unless they went to the wrong house. The fault lies with the jerk reporter who is hurting children who need help by monopolizing time. I wish there was a penalty for false reports like there is to police...
Stephanie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)