Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know anything about warts??? [kind of graphic]

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so my boyfriend has a "bad leg" when he was 17 he was pushed down a flight of stairs with metal caps, so instead of falling, he jumped and landed on the side of his foot... ripped EVERYTHING in his ankle.... he ended up having surgery and was on crutches & in a boot until he was 19.

SO he's 24 now, and he cant lift or drop the foot, so he has a permanent limp.. everyone thinks he is "trying to be cool" ... but that is another story.

Anyways, on the bottom of that foot he's had warts from the cast & boot. Monday he finally went and got them frozen off. On the very bottom of his foot he had two that were really close together so the doctor went ahead and froze them together.

she OVER froze them.... that night the warts were swollen up the size of a penny, and raised about 3/4 of an inch off his foot.

And it's purple-ish, black-ish, blue.

The next morning (yesterday) it was double in size. And he's back on crutches... In the afternoon his dad came over and poked a hole in it with his pocket knife and made it bleed.... Chris (boyfriend) said that it released the pressure and it felt a hell of a lot better. This morning it was back to being swollen, and his dumb ass decided to use my nice fillet knife to poke a hole in it.... that was about 2 hours ago.... the wart is now swollen up AGAIN but not bleeding...

I'm worried his dumb ass has went and infected his foot by sticking pocket knives and kitchen knives in it.

Should I take him back to the doctor? Or should it be fine???

my MAIN concern now is infection.

After you join Monkey Grass,
come Seek Amy with us :-)

Monkey_in_the_Grass_by_SemiGekko-5.gif picture by dmarie2101

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

i would definatly take him back to the doctor that doesnt sound right to me and if anything just to be safe they might help with the swelling if anything 

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I had a wart frozen on the top of my arm. It was tiny it was no bigger than the point of a lead pencil. I had it frozen off insisting still it wanst a wart! The Dr. said if it crusts and gets black dots on it. And well it did. The way I remember the Dr. explaining it to me was that it should look white or crusty after the 1st freezing treatment.

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

s.teph
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Quoting Supervane:

I had a wart frozen on the top of my arm. It was tiny it was no bigger than the point of a lead pencil. I had it frozen off insisting still it wanst a wart! The Dr. said if it crusts and gets black dots on it. And well it did. The way I remember the Dr. explaining it to me was that it should look white or crusty after the 1st freezing treatment.

Wait .. so it wasn't a wart is that what you're saying? Your skin turned black? :S

s.teph
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Are you sure it's not a corn? I've never heard of getting a wart from a cast or a boot. I know you CAN get corns from that.. pressure, wearing the wrong footwear etc. Did they hurt to touch.. before he mutilated it obviously? Because warts shouldn't hurt. Corns do, and they have a white ish dot in the center.. like thickened skin with a spot in the middle, a wart is like whiteish, kind of looks dry/scaly/or like cauliflower..... at least the ones I've seen look like this.

Laura4807
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM
oh no, it was a wart. That is why the doctor froze it, lol.

He did get several warts from the cast... he was in it for about 4 months... he had one on his knee, on the bottom of his foot and two on his toes.

Quoting s.teph:

Are you sure it's not a corn? I've never heard of getting a wart from a cast or a boot. I know you CAN get corns from that.. pressure, wearing the wrong footwear etc. Did they hurt to touch.. before he mutilated it obviously? Because warts shouldn't hurt. Corns do, and they have a white ish dot in the center.. like thickened skin with a spot in the middle, a wart is like whiteish, kind of looks dry/scaly/or like cauliflower..... at least the ones I've seen look like this.

After you join Monkey Grass,
come Seek Amy with us :-)

Monkey_in_the_Grass_by_SemiGekko-5.gif picture by dmarie2101

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

cuddlebunnymom
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 3:28 AM

I had some frozen off when i was younger and i don't rememeber anything like that happening.  I would def. take him back to the docs  cause it sounds like it's infected if putting a hole in it makes it feel better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)