• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone stole my baby's bike

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

Actually it was one of those 'ride-on or walk behind toys' but it was like $60. I live with my parents in a gated community, everyone here is like 65 years old- seriously my parents are the youngest residents and they are 51- and if you don't live here you cant come in without permission from a resident. Anywho, my DH took my 21 month outside to play with the bike, well they ended up leaving the bike in our driveway and walking around the block. When they got back the bike was gone. None of the neighbors brought it in or saw anyone take it and my mom asked at the Gate House if they or maintenance picked it up..they said they didn't but they would keep an eye out for it. I'm just kind of bummed, i know we shouldn't have left it outside alone but still, it was in our yard on our drive way, not in the street or on the side walk. I would never do something like that, so I just feel bad that it happened. Oh well, just a vent. Hopefully it turns up and it wasn't stolen.

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
two4one
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Some old bastard that has a grudge against children probably took it.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM

lol, i never thought of that...

Quoting two4one:

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

Laura4807
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM

haha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Quoting two4one:

After you join Monkey Grass,
come Seek Amy with us :-)

Monkey_in_the_Grass_by_SemiGekko-5.gif picture by dmarie2101

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

devilkitty
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

that sucks! i hope it turns up

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

you know she's right!!

Quoting two4one:

Simply_Kelly
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

What a crappy thing to do!

I will never get what thrill people get out of taking a childs toy! I remember once, my friends 5 year olds bikes got stolen from their driveway... the thing was leaning right up against the garage...

Found out a month later that the one who took it was a 17 year old that was bored.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)