• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need answers

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm in Columbia ,SC and my husband graduates from bct Friday tomorow is family day and has already recieved written permission to leave base with me and fly to AIT from our hometown, we have already purchased a $275 plane ticket and now he just called and said they took his leave away. Simply becuse they "misunderstood" what he asked for How and why can they do this?! If they read what be asked for and signed it they should understand now we've wasted our money and time. We have a 8 month old he hasn't seen in 10 weeks. I'm unbelievably upset is there ANYTHING I can do?
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM

BUMP - sorry I dont know....

Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:04 PM

im no help sry but here is a bump bump

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

3timesoccermom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

They did the same thing to my daughter's BF, several times.   In the year and a half he's been in the Army they've probably changed their mind on locations, departure dates, etc., 10 times.  It seems to me they could plan a little better than that and not give families such a run-around.  Talk to the airline you purchased the ticket from and see if there is any recourse for you, considering he is military.

iitzshelbyd
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
thanks for the bumps no answers anyone?
KatelynsMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

Im sorry to say this.. but once you're in the military, they can do whatever they want with things like this! I know how hard it makes life, trust me.. It really sucks that you are going through this.. You may be able to get his airfare back at least, if his command will write a letter or something. :( Sorry!

Brianneb79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM

My husband is in the army and I don't know how to answer this lol. We haven't had that happen yet but it is common. Have you tried joining one of the army wives groups? I am sure someone in one of them can answer your question.

good luck

lcappytan05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

im sorry that happened...

but (and this may sound harsh) welcome to military life!

i have had to deal with this a few times...it is just something you are going to have to get used to (among many other things)...

try to talk to the airline and see if the ticket can be refunded (sometimes they will do this for military reasons)...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)