Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Visit from CPS...updated

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
  • 61 Replies

Someone called CPS on us saying that we had 6 pets (we only have 3) living in a 2 bedroom apt living in unsanitary conditions...OMG I am soo pissed. I bet you any amount of money it is the lady that lives under us because OMG I vacuum during the day (and she works nights boo hoo). So we had decided to wait for a while to move to a new place after I start working but now its not even fucking worth it if they are gonna pull this kind of shit on me.

They are due here any min for their *inspection* so ill let you girls know how everything goes.

Edit: So they came with the landlord and just looked in all the rooms to see if we were hiding pets and said ok and left. They said that because all the complaint said was that we had too many pets thats all they were there to look for. My landlord told the lady/man that came with her that if that person calls again to tell her to go to hell or she would be filing harrassment charges herself on our behalf. Thanks everyone for all your support.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:07 PM

omg id be pissed to more then  likely it is her

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

jodyann2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM

damn people! need to stop calling cps!  people like that have too much time on their hands.. good luck!

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I bet your fuming!! Try to remain calm....do you have the pets shots record? This may help so there's no confusion that your pets are well taken care of.

stormcris
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM

bad

MrsCarlet

OMG I am so sorry!  Good Luck, let us know what happens. 

MrsCarletchangingsig1.gif picture by MrsCarlet

ChaoticSoul

I'd complain to the landlord. I had a woman live beneath me and she would get pissed cuz my kids would run and play and i guess she expected them to sit and be quiet...I talked to the landlord and was like look..You need to put us in one of your other apartments because I'm about to go off on this lady if she screams at me while i'm getting the mail or beats on the damn floor one more time. To keep the peace he put us in another one of his apartments.  

markettby
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I am sorry to hear that...... Best of luck.... Some people are just that way.....

shelljeff
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I would be so mad.  Some people don't have anything better to do than mess with others.  I am so sorry that this happened.  Please let us know. 

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
gogogadgetgal
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:12 PM

what an asshole!

Does CPS actually let you know when they're coming? 

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:12 PM

That sucks. People who call CPS out of spite (like because one vacuums during the day) are the people who make CPS not take their job seriously... sad. What kind of pets do you have?

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)