• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

formula mommies....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

Have any of you ladies given you kids the "next step" formulas? My dd is nearly two and at 12 months i switched her to whole milk, so obviously I never did! I was wondering because a friend of mine was asking me about it today and I had no info for her! So ladies did you use these formulas? Were there any benefits to supplementing it with milk?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommykelly3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I never did with my 1st or Second but I might with my third, The docs say I should cause sh is little. 19* pounds at her 1 year check up, I am not suer she is 1 and is still on formula but off the bottle

Butterfly07Mama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:30 PM

I used it they still get everything from it just llike the other only more cause its next step lol,where as with milk they arent getting everything they do from the formula but if the child is eating stuff with the milk then i wouldnt worry she can use it if she wants for night time or whatever its up to her  

I'd like to be the ideal mother, but I'm too busy raising my kid.

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:32 PM

No. I just went to whole milk after formula.

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

Brianneb79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I just did the whole milk after formula. Sorry I can't help.

avegajenkins
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I never did for my 1st because none of that crap exsisted but for my DS is did, I wanted to try it because he was being a lil fussy w. the reg. milk. I used it for about 1  1/2 month and it was good I think it transitioned him well because after that I gave him reg. milk and he drank it up fine.

come hometeen girltoddler boyits a girlpuppy

Q & Lexi                 Jada 11Yrs          Jaylen 1Yr             April 2009             Diggy 5mo.

hfs1998
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:05 PM

I'm a combo-feeding mom to my 8 mo son and I plan on using the soy next step formula sometime after his first birthday.  His dr said she practically never recommends it because for most kids it just isn't necessary, but my son is allergic to milk and she doesn't think that the soymilk will have enough vitamins and fat for him, even the enriched kind.  We just switched from hypoallergenic formula to soy yesterday and so far no bad reaction.  He was born at 35 wks and continues to lag behind a bit on weight and development. 

If  your friend's daughter is on target for weight and developmental issues and has no allergies to milk, then I don't think the next step formula is necessary - at least going by what my dr told me.  She'd have to check to see if her dr has another opinion.

Hrivera5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:07 PM

No, and I won't with this baby either.  I don't think its needed unless your baby is really underweight and having trouble with the switch to table foods and milk.  My son didn't have a problem with it so I saw no need.

sam12796
by Sandy on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:11 PM

I used it from the time my Daughter wa 10 months to 13 months. Our pediatrician said that there is nothing wrong with using it. Mostly the recommend it for babies that are really picky eaters so that they get their calories and vitamins needed. Hope that helps some. Mine eats everything under the sun so we decided just to do the whole milk at her 13 months instead of doing both..

Sandy a working mom who is proud of her family and her accomplishments in life..

jbhaleyrn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I switched from formula to whole milk, so i have no info either. I wish I had given it to my son, though. He's turning 3 next month and he doesn't even weigh 30 pounds yet. My next baby is due in July and if he's as thin as my son, then I'll probably use it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)