• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help my dad has just found out he has cancer

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

Stage III Prostate Cancer.  I would like to know if anyone knows of anyone who has survived this stage of prostate cancer or if you can find a web site with a % rate cure of this type of cancer.  I am so nervous that I can't seem to find anything on line.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
markettby
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I am not sure but here is a bump for you

ChaoticSoul
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:38 PM

There are only 4 stages....Unless he responds very well to treatment...I don't think its good. 

LaciR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

http://patient.cancerconsultants.com/CancerTreatment_Prostate_Cancer.aspx?LinkId=54022

Here is an article on Stage III Prostate Cancer. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, my thoughts are with him and you and your family.

ChaoticSoul
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Here is an article that was released in May of 2008...It looks good!

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/109046.php

Kahana-ri
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:42 PM

You can look on www.cancer.org

There is lot of factual information in regards to treatment and staging.  I wouldn't get too hung up on the staging, it all depends on MANY factors and no person is the same.  You can also call 1.800.ACS.2345 and ask for prostate info to be sent to you.  There is also a prostate treatment guideline booklet you can request.  There is also a group called Man to Man, which should be in most towns or cities, it's an educational support group for men and their families.  Let me know if I can help any other way...feel free to send me a message.  Best of luck to you.

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'd be checking out the best hospitals in your area for his treatment. They'll most likely have to be very aggressive.

LaciR
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM
jeskaM
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM

my grandfather has prostate cancer but im not sure what stage its at but it has spread to his bones. He is doing really well. He is doing a couple treatments and im pretty sure that the cancer wont be cured but with medications and going to regular doc visits will just help him live with it.

I will pray for your father 

Lindsay Nicole~6.14.08

lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I am so sorry I am having a hard time my friends friend just died today from a seizure and she was brain dead I am having a hard time because I don't know what to say except I am sorry

Reagan06
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM

First thank you for all your help, I don't I could have found all that info on my own.  From what i read with stage III he has 5 to 10 years.  I don't even know if I am reading it right.  Ohh I am going to say thank you to you ladies & I am going to pack up my little boy & I am going to go see me dad for dinner tonight.  Thanks for your info. & thank you for the kind words.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)