Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to start first

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

fruit baby food or veggie baby food and why?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mstnbecki
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

veggie,cause once they have a taste of the good stuff they wont like the veggies

Brianneb79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Veggies. Sometimes it is hard to get them to eat much else if they get introduced to fruits first.

sunshine21pa
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

bump 

CC.Carter
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I started my daughter with the vegetables first because I knew eventually I would have to bribe her into eating them. When she was a baby she would eat those disgusting little peas with no problem, now I have to trick her into eating them. I just figured that a day would come where she would only want sweet things (like most kids) so I might as well get as many vegetables in her while I could.

I didnt give my daughter juice either. I gave her water. She now makes the medicine face (for a lack of a better term) when someone tries to give her juice, and she prefers water. I know these days will come to and end so Im just enjoying them while I can.

MrsTabangcura

Yep I agree 10000000000%

Quoting mstnbecki:

veggie,cause once they have a taste of the good stuff they wont like the veggies

lcappytan05

yeah, i have also heard that once they taste fruit...they only want the good stuff....

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I fed my son foods he'd eat....I don't really care what other people have to say so I did what I felt was best. He pretty much only at sweet potatoes and quickly moved onto table food -that I put through the food processor. He never really cared for jarred baby food. Now at 9years old he'll eat anything and everything. Especially fruits & Veggies.

lvnmylif
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:50 PM

In my experience it doesn't matter what you start first.  Kids like what they like.  The only advice I can give you that might make any sort of difference is to continue to offer food she doesn't like.  It can take up to 15 tries for kids to develop a taste for some foods so whatever you decide don't just give up on foods after one try.

sunshine21pa
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

bump...

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:59 PM

veggies...they're not sweet like the fruits

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)