Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about religion sort of and may possibly piss someone off

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM
  • 43 Replies

Why is it that so many "religious" women can't just be friends with people who are not of the same faith. Like I have seen on here more than once where a "friend" says they are leaving a certain group to go be in all lets say Christian groups. I understand that everybody has their faith but why cant these supposed Christian women accept other women as friends who are not Christian. This hits me more on a personal level because my MIL has always outcast me for not following her faith, her way and it irks me to end that we cant all just get along. That is probably now when I see it here it makes me wonder. To all you women of faith, Is it really that difficult to be friends with somebody who is not the same faith as you? Why or why not? And do you prefer to be always surrounded by people who believe the same things you believe? Can you co exist and be open minded enough to be friends with somebody who doesnt follow the same things you do?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Couldn't say....I don't have that issue and know no one who has done that.

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

I have had the same question.  I am a fundamentalist Mormon.  Many of my LDS 'friends' that I went to church with won't even look at me now.  There are still a few good people out there who are just as sweet to me as before, but many will not even acknowledge me or my family.  I find that very sad and somewhat hurtful. 

girl giving flower                    Happy Outgoing Mothers Enjoy 

Schooling Children Home Out Of Love  =  HOMESCHOOL

MommySayz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:48 PM

i think in SOME cases with religions, especially Christianity, they feel that they should surround themselves with like-minded individuals and those who are on similar spiritual paths.

online especially, people get hit hard when they have a different religion or believe so its easier for them to stick with people who have the same ideals.

that can be said for anything online though, which is why there are SO many groups for different parenting styles, religions, social situations and other things. 

Want to win real prizes? Cash, shopping, clothing and other fun stuff? Think you can handle the competition? Like playing online games? Well then you should JOIN HERE! New Group Looking for FUN mommies just like YOU!

MommySayz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Quoting anetrnlov:

ANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

i am submissive, but not because i am a woman, but because it is an honour. He is my Master, not because He is a man, but because He has proven to be one.

Humboldt0608

I'm not really a typical Catholic but I've never had issues with people of other faiths. It's kind of hard to be that way when I grew up with a Catholic father and a Buddhist mother.

anetrnlov

Quoting MommySayz:

Quoting anetrnlov:

ANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

Hey girl!!!!!!!!!!!*hugs back*

jenn31
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

i'm catholic and my bff in the whole world is Buddhist. We do joke around with each other, but we never take it to the point where we are disrespecting one another.

God Help Us.

PUMPKIN1117
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Quoting kcangel63:

I have had the same question.  I am a fundamentalist Mormon.  Many of my LDS 'friends' that I went to church with won't even look at me now.  There are still a few good people out there who are just as sweet to me as before, but many will not even acknowledge me or my family.  I find that very sad and somewhat hurtful. 

like Big Love? lol 

And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

army_wife2000
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM

That may be with some women but  not  all.  I am a strong Christian (who didn't use to be) and I don't care what religion or  lack thereof, another mom or friend of mine may be.  I would not end a friendship because of that.  What does that say of your faith if you have to avoid certain people just because they don't have the same religion as y ou??? I don't get that at all.  If you are truly strong in your faith, it shouldn't matter.  BTW, my sisters siblings dont share my religion either and they are still my family, I don't treat them any differently. 

redhottmama01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I get so tired of it myself! Why cant people of any religion be friends with others who are different faiths?What about the pagan and christian groups?Why so much judgement towards eachother?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)