Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tanning Beds

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

What's your opinion on them? I'm naturally pale and I was thinking of going (but not over board).I've maybe gone like a handful of times in my life like for prom and etc..I don't tan easily, but I also don't burn easily either surprisingly I freckle :P..

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I paid big bucks last year for the new tanning bed they had in town.  We're talking about 200 bucks for 5 sessions and was promised to get a tan.  Lmao nope!  They refunded my money and was like we can't believe it.. everyone else who used it got a tan!  Lol i'm pale skinned and never tan.  I've been out in the sun and would get red and then tan and then peel and then be white again!  Makes no sense so I've given up!  No advice here because I have no had any luck myself but here's a BUMP!

TattedMommyof2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I love tanning!  I tan easily though.  I wish I could afford to start tanning again......too bad I'm poor. lol.

cinderella22_17
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I am not sure why you would want to pay for skin cancer???

I am by no means bashing but I just don't get it.

tiffer0118
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Why don't you just get a spray tan? My neighbor is 43 and fighting stage 4 melanoma. I am sooo done with tanning beds. Alot of my friends get spray tans and they actually look really good. I would try it to see how you like it. Also I always use the Jergens self tanner. It's a gradual thing so you don't look all streaky.
bpierce
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

i have used them in the past just for a little tan but i didn't go all the time. that is when i think its dangerous for your health and as long as you don't over expose and burn too.

JordansMomma013
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

I'm really pale and I am thinking about going to. I'm just so scared of the cancer thing though. That's really whats stopping me. I've tried the Mystic Tan thing (spray tan) and it looked REALLY orange on me, so I stopped. I've also done a few self tanners that looked pretty orange or streaked bad. I can't find a natural, non-cancerous alternative to the tanning bed. Good luck.

Miranda83
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM

I have very pale skin I go to the tanning bed in April and go until about july but last year I skipped a whole month. I love to go tanning it is so relaxing even though it is so bad for your skin.  

This is me with no tan at all very pale skinned

This is me after about a month of tanning

Glitterandglitz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Quoting cinderella22_17:

I am not sure why you would want to pay for skin cancer???

I am by no means bashing but I just don't get it.

The Sun anymore is just as bad if not worse..I think anything in an extreme is bad for you but in moderation I see nothing wrong with tanning IMO..I don't take this as bashing btw..

Glitterandglitz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Quoting bpierce:

i have used them in the past just for a little tan but i didn't go all the time. that is when i think its dangerous for your health and as long as you don't over expose and burn too.

I don't want to over expose because I do want it to look natural..

Glitterandglitz
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

you are adorable :)..

Quoting Miranda83:

I have very pale skin I go to the tanning bed in April and go until about july but last year I skipped a whole month. I love to go tanning it is so relaxing even though it is so bad for your skin.  

This is me with no tan at all very pale skinned

This is me after about a month of tanning

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)