• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM!! Please read and help me.

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM
  • 7 Replies

Please tell me if this is fair.

I'm interning right now and I'm almost done.  5 more weeks to go and then I will graduate.  If I don't finish my internship, I don't graduate, end of story.

My babysitter cannot watch my kids anymore because she's having knee surgery.  I cannot find ANYONE to watch them and I can't afford daycare.  So if I don't finish up my internship by May 22 I don't graduate.  I was telling their dad about it and he said, "it's not my problem, it's yours.  I have to work and my work comes first". 

Ok do you think that dad should be responsible for helping find a sitter or is it "not his problem"? 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
livingonmyknees
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

it is his problem too, he helped you make those kids.

AmyNB
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:17 PM
If "their dad" is your husband, than yes, I think he should be willing to help you out in some way -- be supportive and sympathetic at the very least.

If "their dad" is just "their dad" and has no other relationship to you than no, I don't think he needs to help you. Should he because he's their dad and it's a nice thing for him to do for you -- absolutely! But unfortunately, not everyone does things because it's the nice thing to do.

Good luck finding someone!
chrissie79
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Tell your ex that his child needs daycare and his child IS his responsibility, so start forking over some cash for daycare!!!

Also, check into state aid. I'm returning to college & in Connecticut you can get help with daycare costs if you attend college. They may not pay for all of it, but it might help.

Good luck!!

amanda357
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

He's not my husband but we live together.

Quoting AmyNB:

If "their dad" is your husband, than yes, I think he should be willing to help you out in some way -- be supportive and sympathetic at the very least.

If "their dad" is just "their dad" and has no other relationship to you than no, I don't think he needs to help you. Should he because he's their dad and it's a nice thing for him to do for you -- absolutely! But unfortunately, not everyone does things because it's the nice thing to do.

Good luck finding someone!

army_wife2000
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Darn right it is his problem too....he helped make that baby and  he should back you up and help you out.   You're the one carrying the baby and you need his help.   He should be doing whatever he can as a father and husband.  Shame on him for not helping you out more.  Good luck. 

Brandy85412
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM

of course it is his problem too.  husband and wife should be a team and if one has a problem it is the others problem too. I'd tell him i'm going to make it your problem. How is it not his problem.

AmyNB
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Ahhh...than yes, I think he should try to help you.

And I do want to clarify my answer before everyone yells at me. LOL I figured if you were married or lived together than the idea for you to go to school was a mutual decision and the issue of child care should also be mutual.

If you aren't together, than the decision for you to go to school probably didn't involve you at all and I could see where he would say it's not his problem. You know what I mean?

Still, either way, it would be the right thing for him to do to help you out.

Quoting amanda357:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)