Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rude/Strange Things You've Seen People Do in Public That Really Irk You

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM
  • 72 Replies

What are some rude/strange things you've seen/heard people do in public that really make you gnash your teeth together?

For me it's when people go through the drive-thru at a restaurant with their kids and spend 20 minutes looking at the menu and arguing over what to get! The drive-thru is supposed to be fast and convienent so know what you want or get out  of line! I have been both the person waiting behind these people and the person taking their order. And yes it is annoying when your kid is screaming into the box people because they are actually screaming in our ears.

That is what makes me so grrr! What about you?

~LARA~ Proud Mommy To Haley, Loving Girlfriend To Mike

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ziggy.Stardust
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM

People who are being waited on, by a cashier or server or what have you, and cant take the time to get off the cell phone and give the person their attention.

People who go through the drive thru with a $50+ order.. Its rude, Go inside!! 

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

gobimom

I hate when people spit chewing tobacco and I also hate to hear people cursing in public.  Come to think of it I hate to see people groping at each other too. 

mommyto2girls00

Tending to personal hygeine in public. I used to work in a shoe store and this lady came up to pay. I'm ringing her up while she's clipping her fingernails. Fingernails are flying everywhere... it was so gross.

lcappytan05

when  you are waiting for someone to pull out of a spot (and you have your blinker on ready to pull in there) and a person coming the opposite way takes that spot....makes me want to ram my car into theirs!

lcappytan05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM

or when someone uses and "expectant mothers" parking spot when they clearly dont need to be using it...and then you see someone who is hugely pregnant waddling up from the 809234839 parking spot

wsv777

I am a supervisor for a fast food restaurant and I couldn't agree with you more!! We are supposed to get customers in and out without being rude.. boy is it hard when we get people like this all day;)

jandyrodax

I recently saw a guy at Home Depot blow a snot rocket out.  It was so gross.  Then he looked at me and smiled. EEEWWWW!

ChristineSellsT
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Strange: In high school (south Florida) lots of people from other countries....anyways I was finishing my lunch on the sidewalk and noticed a girl who must have recently moved here from another country hike up her skirt and pee in the bushes. Needless to say I was floored!!!

Ziggy.Stardust

omg....barf.

Quoting jandyrodax:

I recently saw a guy at Home Depot blow a snot rocket out.  It was so gross.  Then he looked at me and smiled. EEEWWWW!

"How many times must the cannonballs fly before they are forever banned? How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? And how many deaths will take till he knows that too many people have died? How man years can some people exist before they're allowed to be free? How many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesnt see? The answer my friends is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."-Bob Dylan

amc103

Quoting lcappytan05:

when  you are waiting for someone to pull out of a spot (and you have your blinker on ready to pull in there) and a person coming the opposite way takes that spot....makes me want to ram my car into theirs!

Yeah! That buggs me a lot! Also, when Im waiting for someone to pull out of a spot, and they see it, so they take forever to pull out!! AGG!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)