Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler eating habits

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son is almost 2 (next month) and he wants to eat constantly. Up until a few months ago he was kind of on a schedule when it came to eating, he would have his meals at a certain time and then a snack in between. Now it is only for meals. In between meals he always wants snacks. I dont give him a bunch of sugary type things. Its mostly fruits, crackers, yogurt and things like that. He always wants more more more. He is very healthy and not over weight or anything.

Is this normal for a toddler?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tln1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM

bump

Mover
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:54 PM

My dd always eats a lot more when she goes thru a growth spurt.  Its like she can't get enough to eat. Then suddenly her shoes don't fit any more because she had a huge growth spurt.  I always used to keep one pair of shoes the next size up for the next time!!

neyon226
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM

I was going to say growth spurt, too.  My kids have never cared much about food whatsoever.  But when it is growth spurt time, they eat and eat and eat.  Even now, they're 14 and 10.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:05 PM

wave

Hi tln1

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Toddler Moms

All about Toddlers

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

HouseMD
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM

i have found that with my toddler, when she goes through eating spurts like that, then she is going through a growing phase.  :0)

nemiller
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

my son is 15 months and it feels like he snacks all the time.  it's never anything bad, usually fruit or something.  but when i actually look at how much he's eaten today, most of his food was from his regular meal times.  he just likes to have a few bites of a snack here and there, instead of eating it all at once.

nemiller
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:10 PM

this is true.  my son is eating so much right now because he's in the process of growing.  but he's also getting some more teeth, so i expect he'll start refusing food here shortly.

Quoting HouseMD:

i have found that with my toddler, when she goes through eating spurts like that, then she is going through a growing phase.  :0)

tab9344
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Yes I have a 2yr old little boy & he loves to eat, when he is going threw a growth spurt he eats even more.

toddler boysimple smile

angel mini

jothra
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM

I keep teasing DH that DS will have to go back on WIC if he keeps up with his eating habits. It's probably part of a growth spurt. Eventually it will slow down. As long as you are keeping it healthy with lots of veggies, he will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)