Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Things That Make Us "Odd" (fun post!!!!! no bashing!!!!! just for fun!!!!!)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM
  • 171 Replies

Ok, list a few odd things about you that most people find strange.

For me:

When I write, I get so involved that I retreat within...I live, breathe, sleep my stories (yes, it is possible!).  Most people know when I am writing because I become a totally different person.

I have a crush on an actor that is 28 yrs older than me and most of the characters in my stories share a strong resemblance to the actor.  I've had a crush on this guy since 1991 and I used to own ALL of his movies (yes, i was obsessed).

I let my 5 yr old listen to my hard rock and I lost count of how many times family members have criticized my parenting because my daughter can sing most of Papa Roach's Last Resort.  We both "mosh pit" in my living room listening to the music channels on our digital cable.

When I get writers block, I make compilation CD's using songs I think fit the story line....(basically a "soundtrack")

Oh, and I rotate my plate as I eat.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miranda83
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Here is one that I actually get picked on all the time for.

I WILL not let my food touch that means I only put three things on my plate even if I am at a buffet. I know it all goes together in my belly but I can not taste it all together in my belly.

I also rotate my plate while I am eating so the juices from it will not drip onto my other food.  

kiwi107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM

i pick all the bread off my sandwichs when i eat them (dont relize im doing it when im eating) and the only way i will ice cream is with a plastic fork

MILF25
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

when i sleep my knees  CANT touch! it irks me. i have to put a pillow or blanket  between them when i sleep!

randi1978
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:38 PM

YAY, people actually responded!  I was starting to feel like the real odd one out for a while!

mirandar2001
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:39 PM

WHAT MAKES ME ODD..

I HAVE TO SEPARATE THE PENCILS FROM THE PENS AND KEEP THEM IN SEPERATE HOLDERS,

I HAVE AN ERASER COLLECTION. LOL YES ERASERS.

I CHANGE THE MESSAGE ON MY CELL PHONE VOICEMAIL EVERY STINKING DAY..

I AM A COMPULSIVE GROCERY SHOPPER... MY CUPBOARDS ARE ALWAYS PACKED.. I GROCERY SHOP EVERY WEEKEND WHETHER WE NEED IT OR NOT.. I KNOW, ODD..

I BUY ALL OF MY CLOTHES AT WALMART, BUT WILL ONLY BUY THE BEST (RALPH LAUREN, LILLY PULITZER, TOMMY HILFIOGER, NAUTICA, ETC) FOR MY KIDS..

OH ANOTHER ONE, I LOVE TO BAKE,AND MOST OF IT GETS THROWN AWAY BECAUSE NOBODY EATS SWEETS EXCEPT ME. I HAVE THROWN AWAY MORE COOKIES THAN I CAN COUNT. I DON'T KNOW WHY I DO THIS OVER AND OVER..

slpydpy6
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I have to have all doors shut.  If my kids or husband leave a door craacked i will shut it.

I drive with my radio turned way up with my kids in the car with me they like it that way.  No I dont edit the music.

When putting my kids clothes away I have to button all the buttons or zip the zippers and they have to be hung by outfits.

That's just a few things

Hrivera5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

When I eat toast, it has to be cold.  I put bread in the toaster way before I am going to eat it, so that by the time I get to it the bread is toasted, but cold.  Then I put butter on it.  I have no idea why, but I hate warm toast with melted butter on it.

LaNette000
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:41 PM

When we order pizz, we get supreme and I usually scrape off all the top and only eat the bread?

caterpilar
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I can't stand cotton balls! They make my teeth itch! I feel grossed out just thinking about it! LOL 

randi1978
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I also wanted to add that my daughter is odd, but she's not "closet odd" (i.e. appears normal to the public) like I was growing up.  She's a very in your face odd.  Most kids who meet her say she is "strange".  I encourage it because it's who she is.  I don't want her to ever think that she should have to act a certain way to please everyone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)