Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR THOSE MOMS AN DADS WHO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED WITH THERE KIDS...QUESTION?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 34 Replies

I WAS JUST WATCHING SOMETHING ON T.V AN THIS COUPLE SAID THAT THEY HAVE BEEN SLEEPING WITH THERE CHILD FOR THE LAST YEAR AN A HALF...IM JUST CURIOUS NOT BASHING..I KNOW ALOT OF MOMS SAY OH ITS THE MOTHER WHO WANTS IT AN THE FATHER NEVER DOES...THAT CANT BE TRUE BUT IS IT A AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE 2 OR IS IT MORE OF THE MOTHER STARTS IT AN THEN THEY JUST GET SO USED TO DOING IT?...IM TALKING MORE ON THE LINES OF TODDLERS AN SO ON...I KNOW ALOT OF PARENTS SLEEP WITH THERE BABIES THEN STOP..BUT FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY SLEEP WITH THERE KIDS ALL THE TIME...I CANT WAIT TIL I CAN SLEEP WITH MY SON IN MY BED...EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE THOUGH NOT OFFTEN...AN FOR THOSE WHO DO...IS  IT A GOOD IDEA TO EVEN DO IT...LOL..WILL THEY WANT TO ALL THE TIME...IM JUST DONT KNOW....ME AN MY SO ARE VERY HEAVY SLEEPERS AN I NEVER SLEPT WITH YM SON....AN WE NEED ALL THE ROOM WE CAN GET ..AN PLUS YOU CANT DO MUCH WITH A KID IN TEH MIDDLE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN....

SO YAH IS IT WORTH ALL THE KICKS IN THE TUMMY AN BABY IN YOU FACE IN THE MORNING TO SACRIFICE THE BOND BETWEEN YOU AN YOUR HUSBAND SOMETIMES?...LOL..ID LOVE TO HEAR SOME FEED BACK ON HOW IT ALL WORKS AN WHEN YOU DECIDE TO MOVE HIM OUT!!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Braylonsmommy19
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I have slept with my son since he was 6 months old I love having him in my bed BUT he can't go to bed unless I am with him and he NEVER EVER sleeps in his own bed and I think it is going to be almost impossible to get him in his own bed... I am pregnant and will not co-sleep with this baby... my husband was ok with at first now we don't have enough room for all 3 of us lol but I think it is a personal decision that has it's pros and cons like all things

kiwi107
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:42 PM

its great at first but i tell u what its so hard to get them to stop my 3yr old DD hasnt slept in her bed more then 5 times in the past 4 months. i didnt mind it every once in a while but then my DH would start letting her all the time and now well her bed never gets used

mitty18
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

My son sleeps iwth us a lot. He is 18 months old.
I found that i am aware of him no matter if i am awake or not. That coming from someone who fights and has nightmares nightly. He has never been injuried..not even close. I used to not sleep at all but i do now, and its fine. He loves to sleep with us, and has to when he isn't feeling well or is stressed out.
My husband and I actually don't have an issues with the sex life thing. We have a couch and another bed, so ample places other then where he is sleeping to get that stuff on :)
Its easier to have a sick child near of a breastfeeding child there so you don't have to get up and down. It helps both child and parents bond. In my situation it was both hubby and I who decided together it was alright when he needed it for him to share our bed. Sometimes hubby puts him the bed with us for no reason. He loves to have him right beside of him during hte night. Helps him sleep better.

Just because things don't turn out the way you thought they would, doesn't  mean they turn out bad...

momma2twins_07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM

Well I have twin boys that are 2, I never wanted them to get use to sleeping with us because we only have a full size bed and we did not buy them toddler beds for nothing but since we only have room all 3 beds are in the same room. So when they were sick they like being held so my dh is such a softy and he said just to let them sleep with us till they got better, well they got better and did not want their own beds, I wants to kill my lovely dh, lol. I love my boys but I love my sleep too. So now the sometimes fall asleep in their own beds but if they dont we put them back in their beds once they fal asleep and then sometime in the middle of the night they end up on our bed, well the younger twin does, the older one usually stays in his own bed. So we wake up in the morning with a lil foot in our faces or a lil butt, lol, sometimes he will actually start kicking me off and thats how I wake up. Well thats my story, I dont know if its wat u wanted, lol im kinda sick so my brain is a lil fuzzy, lol.

NICOLE_PREGGO
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:45 PM

YAH THATS WHAT IM SCARED OF I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IN BETWEEN US BUT I CANT SLEEP GOOD KNOWING HE IS RIGHT THERE...AN I DONT WNAT TO MAKE A HABBIT...MAYBE I SHOULD JUST STICK TO NAPPING WITH HIM...BECAUSE I DO THAT ALOT....HE LOVE SLEEPING IN HIS OWN BED SO I DONT WNAT TO RUIN THAT...LOL

Quoting kiwi107:

its great at first but i tell u what its so hard to get them to stop my 3yr old DD hasnt slept in her bed more then 5 times in the past 4 months. i didnt mind it every once in a while but then my DH would start letting her all the time and now well her bed never gets used

frankiezmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

ugh i hate it!! my son is almost 2 and sleeps with us still! (on most nights) he has always had his own bed but he used to always wake up crying and we would just put him in bed with us to make him go back to bed. and it just became a habit. (it was more hubby than me tho i didnt want him to sleep with us!) now hes just used to it and refuses to sleep in his bed. usually he falls asleep first and then i put him in his bed. but he almost always winds up back in our bed. i hate it!!!!!!!! lol

I'm a vaccinating, circumsizing, co-sleeping, pro-spanking, suv driving yOung mama to a rowdy toddler

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

In my opinion you have a happy healthy child if you have a happy healthy marriage and my husband would definitely not be ok with our children sleeping in the same bed with us, unless they are sick of course.  We kept all of our children in our room in their own beds until the age of two, except my oldest who was five when moved because of seizures. 

NICOLE_PREGGO
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:47 PM

NO THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE

Quoting momma2twins_07:

Well I have twin boys that are 2, I never wanted them to get use to sleeping with us because we only have a full size bed and we did not buy them toddler beds for nothing but since we only have room all 3 beds are in the same room. So when they were sick they like being held so my dh is such a softy and he said just to let them sleep with us till they got better, well they got better and did not want their own beds, I wants to kill my lovely dh, lol. I love my boys but I love my sleep too. So now the sometimes fall asleep in their own beds but if they dont we put them back in their beds once they fal asleep and then sometime in the middle of the night they end up on our bed, well the younger twin does, the older one usually stays in his own bed. So we wake up in the morning with a lil foot in our faces or a lil butt, lol, sometimes he will actually start kicking me off and thats how I wake up. Well thats my story, I dont know if its wat u wanted, lol im kinda sick so my brain is a lil fuzzy, lol.

ohmsgrace05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I know for a fact that my DH enjoys having our DD in bed with us...it is not just me.

She is 4 years old and she goes to sleep in her own bed but she usually wakes up in the middle of the night and sneaks in our bed.  DH and I have "our time" and are fast asleep by the time she gets in bed with us.  Most of the time when he works out of town, he will be the one to put her in bed with us... she is his baby girl through and through, lol!

ShadowLark
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Our daughter has slept with us from the start.  Yes, it was my idea - it was either co sleep or let her starve at night!  My dh works 8 to 5 these days (as opposed to when we had our son and he could share night feeds because he could sleep until 11) so even if I hadn't been bf, I couldn't have given her all those bottles!

She's 17 1/2 months old now and she has a crib next to our bed.  She has no problem sleeping in it for half the night and then she climbs out into our bed and sometimes she stays all night, sometimes she gets nursed and put back (depends on how tired I am).  Dh and I have NO trouble with intimacy, we're even trying for another baby right now!  I'm hoping that by the time the new baby comes, the older two will sleep together in Brendon's room.

That said, I think I'll teach the new baby all about the bassinet from day one.  We do want our bed back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)