Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So we found this bike...

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM
  • 11 Replies

We live in the sticks of Oklahoma right now, and suddenly a decent looking mountain bike shows up sort of hidden behind one of the buildings on our property.  I say "sort of" hidden because even though the bike is out in the open, no one can see it on our property unless they knew exactly where to look, and it doesn't belong to any of us.  It has a flat tire, and no one has come back to claim it, so we are pretty sure it is stolen.  It has a sticker from a college about 4 hours away, so we called the school and told them we found this bike that we think is stolen, and could they find the owner from that sticker.  So it has been a few days, we haven't heard back from the school, and the bike is just sort of in the way now.  Do we take it to the police here in town?  Do we stick it back where we found it?  Do we just keep it?  Any thoughts?

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Bueller?

mandasilver88
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:23 PM

I would keep it

Finders keepers

You already tried to find the owner

Snowbug925
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:24 PM

I'd give the police a call.  dontcha just HATE thiefs though???  OMG, especially in this economy when EVERYTHING is so hard to come by!  You know theres a college student out there somewhere, really upset, wondering how they are going to get around now.

How cool of you, too, may I add, not to just do "nothing" and have that finders, keepers attitude that so many people have these days.  Clearly its not yours, and I think its so nice for you to make an honest attempt :))

So strange that its out there! 

orrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr  ... sell it on Craigslist.  Whatever.  (j/k!!)

PilotWifey
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM

I would call the police....it could be stolen or a crime could have happened while stealing the bike...etc....I would without a doubt call the Police. 

shecallsmemom04
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Quoting Snowbug925:

I'd give the police a call.  dontcha just HATE thiefs though???  OMG, especially in this economy when EVERYTHING is so hard to come by!  You know theres a college student out there somewhere, really upset, wondering how they are going to get around now.

How cool of you, too, may I add, not to just do "nothing" and have that finders, keepers attitude that so many people have these days.  Clearly its not yours, and I think its so nice for you to make an honest attempt :))

So strange that its out there! 

orrrRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrr  ... sell it on Craigslist.  Whatever.  (j/k!!)

i AGREE!!  a nice, good, HONEST person.  that's hard to come by.

Alyssasmommy412
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:33 PM

I would call the police they can check the college and the local police near the college and check stolen bike reports and give it back to the rightful owner.

stuckinamess
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

I would also contact the police. If you are found with the bike and it's stolen you could be charged for being in possession of stolen property.

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

WildKat
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I would contact the police about it.  You never know - it could be related to another case they're working on.

Peace,

Kat

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:36 PM

Call the police to get it for a variety of reason. If you sell and they are pulled over and told them you sold it to tell you can be charged with thief of the bike. If you don't turn it is you can also be charged with receiving of stolen property.

texassahm
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Post it on craigslist  - don't they have a lost and found section on there?  But don't post a pic, the identifying sticker or another identifying characteristic and see what you find.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)