• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is an idiot and thinks i cheated....

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM
  • 21 Replies

He was not around all of January and I did not see him until Febuary 14th. My first appointment was March 16th. They said I was 5 weeks at that time. Obviously, the farthest along I could've been was 4 weeks. The dr said something about they go by the period and so on and something about LMP and it put me at 5 weeks. And that they go by the little wheel thing bc not everybody knows their conception date. He's acting like a fucking jackass. I have never cheated on anybody and never will. I know what it's like to be cheated on and I wouldn't do it to somebody else. ESPECIALLY the man I'm spending the rest of my life with. You'd have to be an idiot to cheat on your DH, no offense to anyone who has. I guess I'm trying to see if y'all have any insight. Oh, one more thing, I think I was about 4 days off on my last period. Dr said that wouldn't change anything but, I don't know. I am so tired of his bullshit. And he keeps ignoring me when I say we'll get a stupid paternity test. I'm SO frustrated and tired of this. He's the one who had a mark that looked oddly like a hickey. He says skin abbrasion. On that part of the neck? I dont think so. Sorry this is so long but I am unbelievably pissed off!!!! I'm carrying his baby around, feeling almost completely useless, and this is how he thanks me.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adri_nevarez
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM

An early ultrasound would be accurate to the date... but I think it would need to be between 5 - 7 weeks to be most accurate... Men can be so stupid sometimes!  My husband was the same way because my idiot dr with my 1st said "You conceived on such and such date" and my husband was out of town on that day.  Everyone ovulates on different days of their cycles but men just don't get that!

Snowbug925
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

WOW!  Thats not a nice way to start a pregnancy, huh?  I'm sorry hun.  :((

Rachie7987
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Make sure you explain how they get the numbers!

My husband and I had a great time explaining how far along I was during this pregnancy. They count the weeks since your last period. That adds about two extra weeks to your total count.

My last period was Oct 28th. My husband go home from his deployment from Iraq Nov 10th. About two weeks after he got home, we found out I was pregnant. I went to get a blood test from the doctors a few days after we found out and she said I was about 5 weeks pregnant. She also explained, that counts the two weeks between your period and your date on conception. We landed up telling people I was only three weeks instead of 5, just to avoid having to explain this a million times.

kacree
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:34 PM

men are stupid, and so are  dr. for how smart they are. i knkow a gril whos due date has changed 4 times and they are all dif. weeks.

sweetiepea22
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:37 PM

what the nurse was telling you is when they tell you "how far along" you are nthey go by the first day of your LMP... you really do not USUALLY get preggo till about 2 weeks after that when you ovulate so when they tell you that you are 10 weeks preggo you are GENERALLY only 8n weeks but some women ovulate earlier or later sometimes that the average 14 days in......so really you were about 3 weeks along your first appointment.... does this make sense

"One must live, not only exist; he must do, not merely be; he must grow, not just vegetate.
We must use our talents in behalf of our fellowmen rather than burying them in the tomb of a self-centered life."

MarineWife1108
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:38 PM

There. That's what my doctor said. I couldn't remember exactly what it was. And DH says he just said that so there wouldn't be any drama!!!!! I'm seriouslly about ready to just let the tears flow. But I'm determined to prove to him that he's wrong!!! Of course now he's saying if I dont drop it, he'll go stay somewhere else. So I said I'd drop it and I just said that him suggesting that really hurt me and he just said "like i said, it's all on you"......

crying

Quoting Rachie7987:

Make sure you explain how they get the numbers!

My husband and I had a great time explaining how far along I was during this pregnancy. They count the weeks since your last period. That adds about two extra weeks to your total count.

My last period was Oct 28th. My husband go home from his deployment from Iraq Nov 10th. About two weeks after he got home, we found out I was pregnant. I went to get a blood test from the doctors a few days after we found out and she said I was about 5 weeks pregnant. She also explained, that counts the two weeks between your period and your date on conception. We landed up telling people I was only three weeks instead of 5, just to avoid having to explain this a million times.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM

Not to be a downer, but I've heard that generally when someone is insecure and points a finger at you it's most likely because they themselves have done it. Obviously this is not always the case, it's just what came to mind.

tryskymom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM

men can really be assholes. my ex did that about our youngest and come to find out HE was the one straying off to some other girl (girls???). i was always taught the ones that accuse are the ones whos doing it. im not saying your dh is...just an idea! honestly, id drop it until the babies born because when the baby comes out to look like him, hell know its his and you already do know its his. trying to defend yourself and your child every day can be very tiresome and stressful and the baby doesnt need the extra stress! good luck!

good luck

MarineWife1108
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I would get suspicous of him bc of that quote except that I am constantly suspicous. I have been suspicious of all of my previous bf's. I have never cheated on a single one. I'm  a very insecure person. He's also been insecure the entire time we've been together but this is basically the first time he's flat out accused me.

Quoting ceemuhreeashbee:

Not to be a downer, but I've heard that generally when someone is insecure and points a finger at you it's most likely because they themselves have done it. Obviously this is not always the case, it's just what came to mind.

Lovegaia78
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Why was he gone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)