• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just asking...updated!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  • 30 Replies

I have a friend i will call jen that is very mad because i get to be a stay at home mom and she has to work well sorry but it think she took it to far today and told me to tell my hubby he should go find a prettier girl that works and has a good job?? and shes suppose to be my best friend what would u do??

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psychmama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

Tell her to F*** off and never talk to her again.

Sounds good to me.

rmattes
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:28 PM

I guess it depends on how good of a friend you really think she is. Either talk to her about it or stop taking her calls.

saralouise
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I wouldn't ever consider that a friend again, that's for sure

possummom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM

she is not much of a friend to say that to your DH. you need to remind her of your boundries and if she oversteps them again tell her to lose your number. good luck with it. she sounds jealous to me.

PatriciaofMN
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:31 PM

It sounds to me like Jen is jealous of your life and she is a very unhappy person and therefore she needs to grow up and you need to find another friend. 

Love Of My Life!

HeatherMae55

Beat her ass!!! lol!!  j/k.. or not?

I'd just explain to her that there are jealousy makes you pretty ugly, and if she was your friend then she would talk to you and not try to make you feel like crap.  There are some things that you can't take back.

coexist.jpg coexist image by lupelagata

kenziesmom04

lol thanks for commenting back! i have been friends with her for about 10 years and this isnt the 1st time shes said a very rude comment when i was 8.5 months preggo with my son she told me it was my turn to miscarry because she did that week thats sad but not my fault i dont know i am just lost!

hfs1998

get a new friend.  actually get A friend because this girl is no friend to you.  friends support each other, not tear each other down to their husbands.

Snowbug925
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

You know.... my best friend wouldn't ever say anything like that about me.  I'm a stay at home mom, and have been for years, and she is a lesbian mom with a grown daughter who is extrememly career oriented.  She loves me for me, and would never pass judgment on me.  I dont think real friends do.  I think its time to consider maybe you've gone down different paths.

kenziesmom04
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:35 PM

bump more too it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)