• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let her watch your baby??? (bad language)

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM
  • 7 Replies

my mom has been especially hormonal for a while now, probably perimenopausal or something. she seems to be quite the snappy little Bitch lately :completely irrational and not logical.

here are some seperate incidinces that made me question whether or not I should trust her:

-a couple weeks ago I went to the store for a quick errand. when I got home my mother and my sister were screaming profanities at each other AND SHE WAS HOLDING THE BABY!!!

-the other day she is on the phone with my sister while holding the baby and screams "FUCK YOU" so loud. she just cant control herself!

Other than that, he loves her soo much and she is good with him.

what do I do? i want to be able to trust her, she always apologises, I LIVE with her. what am I supposed to think? She is driving me crazy with her fucking outbursts!!!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
michellekp
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Well since you live with her, there isn't a whole lot you can do.  Its her house, her life and if you don't like it, then you will have to leave.

I understand your situation.  I wouldn't like it either.  Show your child by YOUR example how you want him to behave, and all will be fine.  Your mother isn't the last person he will hear profanities from.  Just show him how you want him to be, and correct him when he starts with the same behaviors of your mom.

You could talk to her about it, but I dont think your going to get real far.

shecallsmemom04
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

couldn't have said it better myself

Quoting michellekp:

Well since you live with her, there isn't a whole lot you can do.  Its her house, her life and if you don't like it, then you will have to leave.

I understand your situation.  I wouldn't like it either.  Show your child by YOUR example how you want him to behave, and all will be fine.  Your mother isn't the last person he will hear profanities from.  Just show him how you want him to be, and correct him when he starts with the same behaviors of your mom.

You could talk to her about it, but I dont think your going to get real far.

Jessica_Izzy

I would have a talk with her to not swear around the baby or she can't watch her anymore.

Jessica_Izzy

Swearing in your post seems like you might have a problem with swearing around the baby too.

austinmom05
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I would tell her that she can't do that .. What would she do if the child starting cussing.

NattysMommy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:54 PM

Is your only problem that she curses around the baby and you don't do that??

If that is the case, the only thing I can think to do is talk to her about it....or if you're around when she does it tell her "Mom please watch your language around (insert child's name)."

Quoting newmom_1989:

She is driving me crazy with her fucking outbursts!!!!

newmom_1989
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Okay, first of all- I am WRITING not screaming cuss words in front of the baby. I think its fine to use profanity amongst adults but not around children.

Secondly- yes, I know people slip up and even I have accidentally said a few things I shouldnt in front of him (he is 6 months old) What I hav NEVER done, is scream and yell with all the negative feelings that go along with it while holding him. I dont understand how that even happens. No, Im not perfect. I have arguments. BUT I PUT HIM DOWN then talk away from him.

Also, I have talked to her about it and she has apologised like I said but she is so unpredictable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)