Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do u get mucus out of a 10 day old??

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM
  • 9 Replies

my son has had a snotty nose all day, ive been sucking it out but now its in his throat! he keeps gagging on it, can i stick the sucker thing in his throat?? im getting worried about the little guy!

we steamed up the bathroom and put vapor soap stuff in the water and i sat in the bathroom with him for a bit, it seemed to help for like 10 minutes. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sunshine201
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Running a warm mist vaporizer may help.

caiti
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:20 PM

As far as I know, that's about all you can do. If you can get one, you can run a humidifier in his room to help the stuff drain while he's asleep. Prop him up so he can breathe easier too. Either like in a boppy pillow or a swing is good. Being elevated will help him breathe too. Good luck, I hope he feels better!

Am17
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

they have soap that has the vapor stuff in it. Johnsons & Johnsons makes it and its in a green bottle

RmeWifey01
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM

Yes you can use the boogie-sucker but be careful so to not gaghim further. Also try elevating the head of his mattress in his crib a little so he is not laying flat on his back horizontally. I used to put a small sofa pillow under the head of the mattress just to raise it about 2-3 inches, maybe 4. Maybe also a humidifier in his room but call a nurse helpline if you have one to ask.

stuckinamess
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

use the snot rocket and suck it out.

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

sheabtn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:24 PM

thats what we used but it says 3+ months so i didnt actually put him in it

Quoting Am17:

they have soap that has the vapor stuff in it. Johnsons & Johnsons makes it and its in a green bottle

Tisha1115
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

you were right not to us it yet, he's still to young for htat stuff. If you can, get a cool mist or a ultrasonic (even better but not cheap) humidifier and run it in what ever room he is in. I would also call the doctor in the morning.

Quoting sheabtn:

thats what we used but it says 3+ months so i didnt actually put him in it

Quoting Am17:

anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I would continue steam treatments, suck those boogies out, make sure he is eating plenty and prop him to sleep. I always put my kids in their carseats. It seems to be a good angle. If he is not eating as normal, I would call the doctor. Babies dehydrate very fast. Hope he feel's better soon!

Beth336
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM

when my dd was very young newbord i was told saline drops and suck it out 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)