• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so stressed and pissed!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

I can't believe it.  I got laid off today.  Myself and about 10 other teachers and staff were laid off effective today...today.  i can't afford this.   can't believe it, its such a shock, I don't know what I'm going to do.  We can't live on my husband's salary, and we recently moved to a more expensive place and his nephew is staying with us.  I can't believe they wouldn't even give us any kind of notice, I've worked there for about 4-5 years.  Oh well, I guess that's life.  Wr'll see how we get through this.  I guess I just needed to get that out.sad

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stuckinamess
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:23 PM

OMG! I am so sorry. Do you work for a public school district? Can you sign up to sub for now to at least supplement your income?

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

Allie76
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I'm sorry. 

sunshine21pa
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I am sorry!!!

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:31 PM

just wanted to send some positive thoughts your way...

Jonasz & Chris         Sarah                   Luke                        Alex

5/27/00                     1/26/02                7/22/04                    4/26/08   

michelle110570
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I work for a charter school, and I guess I need to sign up for unemployment and with the sub agaency I used to work for before.  The big local school district just laid off 500 teachers, so know isn't the best time to look for a teaching job.

thisnametaken
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

I am so sorry.  

(((Hugs)))

I'm a toe-stubbing, coffee drinking, loud laughing, chocolate addicted, chunky mom with a totally inappropriate sense of humor.
Educated moms don't ASSume that parenting choices are one size fits all.

bubbles4207
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Im sorry momma!

Hopefully you will be able to drawl unemployment n stuff..

Good luck darlin

Momsince02

I'm sorry, I got laid off in Jan. with a 3 day notice after being told the day before my job was ok.

pinkcarebear

Sorry to here that hope things look up for you soon

momtoamo
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Hope it works out.  Good luck.

"Abandoning the children in the forest to feed ourselves/  We will all stay more healthy if we do not distribute wealth/  Aimed friendly fire/  There is only greed living the life that we desire/  As we set sail across the raging sea/  Unconquerable by reality....."  Anti-Flag.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)