Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need romantical advice and ideas mamas! PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

Ok, so here's the story. Me and DH have been having on and off tension lately. He'll say something, or do something that hurts me, I'll get upset, then he gets upset that I'm upset. We always end up working it out, but then it always happens again a few days later. And these aren't just typical random arguements. Really there not arguements at all. It's him being downright hurtful and me crying and feeling like I'm losing him. I know he's stressed to the max because of money, work, having to live where we do, etc. Plus we don't have the opportunity to really do anything special together by ourselves bc our DD is 4 months and we don't have a babysitter.

Now, I want to do something extra special with/for DH. Something at home, because we don't take our DD out for long periods of time bc she gets really fussy. Problem is, I have NO money. Not a dollar, not a penny. I cook his dinner everyday, and he's not really into the whole candle lit dunner thing. So that's out. I don't own anything sexy. The closest thing I have to lingerie is sweatpants. (Used to, but then I got preggo and gained 50 lbs, so I can't wear it anymore.) I give him massages daily, send him e-cards once in a while, and we're always watching movies together. So I just don't know what to do. I want a special night for us, something out of the ordinary to make him smile and bring us closer. But with no money or help, I just don't have a clue where to start.

So I need your advice, I need your good ideas. What have you done for your hubby that was special and fun that was also FREE? lol. Please, I'll take any advice and run with it, me and DH really need something special right now. :)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Tara.gif picture by MomOfThr33

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
possummom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:31 PM

make him a coupon book.

it can have coupons for things like sexual favors. hugs. dinner of his choice. things like that. just be creative and it does not cost a thing.

stuckinamess
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM

Give him a lap dance. Bra and panties work well with that to start with.

Tracie
Wife to Khari
Mom to...
Kyra 9
Justice 5
4 Fur Babies...
Taylor, Max, Cleo & Tag

CrazyChik
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

my advice... let him have a night to himself.  he's probly feeling like he;s running ragged going to work then home to more people (no offense meant), then doing it all over again & again & again. he could probably really use some "me" time. Also, a night or two apart could do you both some good (you can still sleep in the same bed, i'm not talkin anything drastic).

i know its the oposite of what u wanted to hear/read but i know it helps my dh  & me...

kmorgan26
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM

do little things like leave him a I Love You note where he will find it when he leaves.  when he is at work go and put a card on his windsheild or on his seat.  I like the coupon book but be careful on what you put in there, he can pull it out at any time.  I have a book called Random Acts of Romance.  I got it from Hallmark.  If you want some more idea email me and I will look through and find some more ideas to send you.

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM

He does have nights like that. Last weekend he spent all night at a lake an hour away from here. And he's doing it again this weekend. A couple weeks ago, he spent the night at a small local club with guy friends from work just partying. He always gets to do stuff like that alone, because since we have no babysitter, I have to stay home and we can never do anything together.

Thanks so much for the advice though! :)

Quoting CrazyChik:

my advice... let him have a night to himself.  he's probly feeling like he;s running ragged going to work then home to more people (no offense meant), then doing it all over again & again & again. he could probably really use some "me" time. Also, a night or two apart could do you both some good (you can still sleep in the same bed, i'm not talkin anything drastic).

i know its the oposite of what u wanted to hear/read but i know it helps my dh  & me...

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Bump! :) 

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Anybody else have any ideas for me? :)

hotmomofmakayla
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Try to find a babysitter.  And u and him go out at have some fun!!!!

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Oh god I would love that. But we don't know anybody out here where we live. I used to have a friend that offered to do it for us one night, but she has chosen to no longer be my friend. And we live 19 hours away from my family, and around 25 from his.

And I'd have to know somebody for a while before I left my baby with them. So *sigh* no luck there.

Thank you for your input! I wish we could do that! :)

Quoting hotmomofmakayla:

Try to find a babysitter.  And u and him go out at have some fun!!!!

CrazyChik
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM

o.  well then screw that.  tell him YOU need a day away from it all.  i know you said you have no money but...  if he can afford a night out I'm sure he can afford to let u have a night out.  let him bb sit.  baby can drink from a bottle now...

Quoting gigglyann87:

He does have nights like that. Last weekend he spent all night at a lake an hour away from here. And he's doing it again this weekend. A couple weeks ago, he spent the night at a small local club with guy friends from work just partying. He always gets to do stuff like that alone, because since we have no babysitter, I have to stay home and we can never do anything together.

Thanks so much for the advice though! :)

Quoting CrazyChik:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)