Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DF was just laid off!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM
  • 20 Replies

I'm so stressed out! This economy sucks! He was the detail manager at a car dealership and they hired some new guy that's 4 years younger than him because they can pay him less! My df was never late to work, always got his work done and got along with everyone really well. He also has 5+ years experience in his field and they would let all that go just to save some money. They had him train in his replacement and the guy that was replacing him blabbed to some of the guys there that my df was being let go. How nice..they had him work 15 hours of overtime last week to cover for someone that was on vacation knowing they were going to fire him and knowing they were training in some new guy to replace him ugh. Any prayers for a job to come his way would be greatly appreciated!

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rennez
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:34 PM

Oh mama, I'm so sorry.  Sending prayers your way!

anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM

Sorry momma. That happens more often than most realize. My prayers to your family.

possummom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

sending positive thoughts your way that your DH finds a new job soon. good luck mama!!

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM

praying

Jonasz & Chris         Sarah                   Luke                        Alex

5/27/00                     1/26/02                7/22/04                    4/26/08   

rmattes
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Ugh that sucks!!! Hope something good comes your way!

noahscott
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:37 PM

I'm so sorry.. i'll pray for you and your family! 

jamieleah84
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:43 PM

hugsSorry mama, this economy has to get better. I will be praying for you and yours! Keep us posted on how it goes for him!

Jamie

Adrian's Momma, the best job in the world!!!!

MommaBunch84
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:45 PM

aww! I'm sorry!

I was at my job for 4 yrs as an assistant manager. I started out as a teller and when the asst. left all I did was ask the regional about the job and it was mine the next day. Then I got pregnant, then found out it was twins and at 17wks I was put on bedrest and wasn't allowed to return to work until after the boys were born. So I was off of work a total of 6 months. I went back to work for a week and they fired me. They hired some stupid b*tch to replace me before I was back from leave. They tried telling me that I was talking bad about the bank & bank employees on myspace and that they had proof. So we both presented the exact same proof to a judge and he said that it was ridiculous that I was fired. I never once said anything bad about anyone. I got compensation and got to spend the time I would have be working my ass off for the bank and spent it at home with my boys.

Good Luck Sweetie!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker                   

KittyD
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Quoting anziomom:

Sorry momma. That happens more often than most realize. My prayers to your family.

KittyD ~ Stop by my page & sign my Guestbook!

raerae1011
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:48 PM

he needs to file a suit against them with the better business bureau.  unless they can come up with him doing something bad, they had no right to fire him.  good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)