Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How scared are you?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 36 Replies

Im curious.... what are your phobias/fears... what scares u? Even can be strangely odd.... lets see how many different things people fear...

• I dont like to drive under and underpass if a train is going over top of it because im afraid the train will fall off and land on my car
  • im afraid of riding beside of a tractor trailor because i fear one sideswiping me AGAIN
  • i sleep with all doors closed
  • when i leave my house and leave my daughter home with my dad, i fear she has gotten out of the house behind and he thinks she is with me and i think shes with him and shes playin in the yard... so i call home and ask what shes doing to make sure shes ok
  • i fear driving at night by myself because i always think someone is in the back seat or my trunk
  • i fear bugs... ewww
  • i fear the water.... i wont swim in an ocean or a pool

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I fear the unknown.

ajswenson
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I don't have any real bad ones but I don't like to swim in lakes or oceans....only pools.  I always think the fish are going to come eat me!!!  Very silly I know.

mice - ewww!

tiffer0118
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Death, death and death. I know it's going to happen it's just the how. Just the thought of never seeing my family again makes me sick.
mitty18
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Feet, spiders, darkness, strangers, crowds, something happening to my son, someone being in my house and then attacking me wehn i come in, and the unknown.

Just because things don't turn out the way you thought they would, doesn't  mean they turn out bad...

anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Okay, I thought of a "real" one.

I fear swimming in water when I cannot see beneath me. I mean see the bottom. It limits my options at times.  

workin_mamma
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:51 PM

im terrified of thunderstorms, when i was a kid i could feel the electricity going thru the air and i would tell my mom that a storm was coming in she didnt believe me until about an hour later when it was pouring and storming out. and small places, i cant have anything around my neck either

necro1134

grass, bugs of all kinds (especially ones that fly), spiders, snakes, water in my face, rodents, small things running at me, human feet, people,fish....im sure theres more....

jandyrodax

I fear roaches and any bug my oldest gets a kick out of chasing me with or throwing on me.

I fear werewolves....I can't watch any werewolf moving to save my life.  I blame it on my Dad for taking the family when I was a kid to see American Werewolf in London...mom and I left in the middle of the movie.

I fear the unknown.

I fear that when my ex gets out of prison he is going to show up on my doorstep.  No, I am actually not afraid of him...just don't want him around and neither does our son.

Now, that my husband is an OTR truck driver I fear that he is going to have a wreck one day and I'll never hear from him again (he doesn't know about this and I'm afraid to tell him).

I fear dying...I am deathly afraid of it always have been.

ETA: I also sleep with all doors close and when no one is in the shower the shower curtain has to be pulled shut.

ETA #2:  I also fear haunted houses (except the one at Disney).  I will NOT go in them.

mamamissy316
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I'm afraid of driving under train bridges too.  I also get creeped out swimming in water that's not clear.  I want to be able to see what's under me.  And I'm afraid of tornadoes, even though I'm also strangely fascinated by them.  Oh, and driving in a bad thunderstorm scares the crap out of me!

ETA I'm also afraid that something terrible will happen while my husband is far away (he works out of state) and we won't be able to get in touch or find each other.

tyra618
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Feet.  They scare the shit out of me. 

Vomit.  If I see someone vomit be it my own son.  I vomit.  It's a horrible cycle.  Even if it's on TV

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)