Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I Over Reacting?? PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM
  • 20 Replies

Well today is my s/o's 20th birthday. Well we had his friends come up and eat out at a mexican resturant with us...Jake had been drinking (my s/o) an he wanted to go out with his friends and stay the night. Because it his birthday I'd felt guilty keeping him from going out. I'm due in 2 days and I have my last doc appt in the morning...He's not coming home tonight. And last time he went out with his friends last week to go get drunk, I started bleeding that night...I lost my mucus plug that day. It's not like this is a regular thing anymore , but he used to never come home and hang with these people all the time. Am I over reacting? I don't think I'd care so much If I weren't due in 2 days, and had a doc appt in the morning, knowing he's not coming home? He said he'd meet me at the hospital, but it's early in the morning, and if he's out gettin drunk tonight there's no way he'll wake up in time. Last time I let him stay the night with them and had a doc appt the next morning, I called and called to try and wake him up and he didn't answer because he had gotten so drunk the night before he didn't answer. Nevertheless he didn't make it to that appointment. Am I just being an emotional greedy woman? I guess this is more of an emotional vent than anything.I'm just really upset...Being pregnant I guess lol You don't have to comment. I guess I just needed to get this out...Thanks ladies! Love ya! =/

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anziomom
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:57 PM

I think you are right to feel that way. Maybe not right, but normal. I would be feeling the same way, stuck in the same predictament. Thinking about it, I would discuss the situation before going out to drink so it wouldn't be an impulsive decision on his part. But hindsight is 20/20. Good luck at tomorrows appt.

mamamissy316
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Your 20 year old SO, who is expecting a baby, goes out "to get drunk"........time to grow up buddy

jandyrodax
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM

If it were me due in 2 days I wouldn't be upset unless he didn't show up for the appt. It's also time for him to do some growing up.  Not saying completely cut out the partying but I think there is a little growing up he needs to do, JMO.

amybarnhart08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM

i dont think you are being selfish at all....in fact it sounds r don't thieasonable! and just let me say you are a lot nicer than i am...if it would have been me ummmm hell no ur staying here with me!!!

mom_of_2monkeys
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

this is probably not the best time to be out drinking with friends. if you go into labor he won't be able to drive you to the hospital and i don't think a drunk birthing coach will be all that helpful. good luck with everything though, hopefully tonight will not be your babys birthday!

good luck

Jonasz & Chris         Sarah                   Luke                        Alex

5/27/00                     1/26/02                7/22/04                    4/26/08   

BabyMommy_3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

You have every right to be upset, and as that child's father he should have decided to take responsibility and not leave you hanging alone. :(

I'm sorry. I hope he shapes up and doesn't do this after you have your little one.

Congratulations on your soon-to-be-born baby, by the way. :)

mrimli
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

i think you have every right to be mad.  he needs to realize his partying days are over.  he's going to have a baby and going out and getting drunk doesn't really fit in with that.  i know it's his birthday, but you could go into labor tonight and he wouldn't be around to help you. he needs to get his priorities straight. 

hotmommy1025
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM

yea you have every right to be pissed as hell!! he is having a baby with you! sleepovers are out of the question! he needs to be an adult and be there for you!! if i ever told my husband i wanted to sleep at a girlfriends house he would laugh in my face!!

Katilina
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

To the previous women who responded, it is not immature to want to go out with friends and have fun even if it is drinking. I have three children and I have gone out and went partying and so has my husband. And being the age of 20 yeah that is your time to have fun. As long as it is not a constant thing...

Now to the vent...I would ask him not to go cause you are so close and not risk him not going to the appointment or you going in labor and him not being there. It is not fun having a kid without your SO there.

3armycuties
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:12 PM

You're not over-reacting. Just because you are due in 2 days doesn't mean you can't go into labor tonight. And being upset can set you into labor. I would call him up and say that he needs to sober up and get home. Do you have a back-up in case he can't be reached or is drunk to take you to the hospital? Good luck momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)