Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kroger or Albertsons?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

Which do you prefer? Which do you find you can get the better deals? Me and my MIL are going to go get things from both when we go grocery shopping friday. We are loyal kroger shoppers and it will be our first time going to Albertsons so we were just wondering what ya'll thought of both.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
party_of_5
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I personally think that Kroger is over priced. They do have good sales, but I think the sales that have Albertson's are bettter sales for the most part.

momcat437
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I haven't been to an Albertson's in years--they don't have them around here that I know of---so I either shop at Kroger or Meijer--and as much as I love Kroger, Meijer is cheaper!! 

Dreaming of that Paradise Earth...

briana_paige
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I have never even heard of Meijer before until you posted this. I guess we don't have them in Louisiana

Quoting momcat437:

I haven't been to an Albertson's in years--they don't have them around here that I know of---so I either shop at Kroger or Meijer--and as much as I love Kroger, Meijer is cheaper!! 

charrenee
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM

we don't have any of those just publix, sweetbay, winn-dixie and walmart

jandyrodax
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Kroger because we don't have an Albertsons around here.

gagegang
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:06 PM

We also dont have a albertsons. We have a scotts, but its the same as kroger. I shop at kroger, but only their sales. Which they usually have good ones. But sometimes they are really over priced. I shop at Kroger's first...then head to walmart. I WILL NOT buy meat from walmart though!

Quoting jandyrodax:

Kroger because we don't have an Albertsons around here.

knejjemckinney
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

In good ol' CA, Stater Bros is the place to get groceries. Used to shop at Albertson's but they're a little more expensive unless you have their membership card thing. I never heard of Meijer until I visited my husband's grandparents in Ohio. They didn't have any in Missouri where I used to live. There, the place to shop was Wal Mart. I would say Kroger would probably be cheaper than Albertson's though.

briana_paige
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Oh, you have to have a membership card? Can you just get it at the register? I know that's what I did with my Kroger card.

Quoting knejjemckinney:

In good ol' CA, Stater Bros is the place to get groceries. Used to shop at Albertson's but they're a little more expensive unless you have their membership card thing. I never heard of Meijer until I visited my husband's grandparents in Ohio. They didn't have any in Missouri where I used to live. There, the place to shop was Wal Mart. I would say Kroger would probably be cheaper than Albertson's though.

briana_paige
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

bump

MichMomOf4Boys
by on Jun. 20, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Kroger obviously because I am the store manager of one. But we don't have Albertson's around here anyways. Our main competion is Meijer and Wal-Mart. Use to be Farmer Jack but they ceased operations and Kroger actually bought several old Farmer Jack locations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)