Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

naming baby boy help?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM
  • 16 Replies

We think we FINALLY got a first name.

Mason! =)

its a name i asked him about LONG ago and he said no! then today he suggested it!! :)

So heres the thing Are Last name is Bryan So we dont want 3 first names So we need something Very Unique for a middle name!

Our First Sons Name Is Clayton Gwyer! Gwyer being unique.

You ladies have  any Ideas??
Thanks So much!!

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Beccaburke
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Jackson

Hunter

Keenan

Come on and join in the "party playground"!

ajswenson
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Go for a family last name...such as your maiden name or a grandma's maiden name....you might find a neat blend that way and with a family touch in it too.

Brokensurvivor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Well my Maiden name is Wright and my mothers maiden nmaes Polson. they wont work! Thanks for the advice tho!

Quoting ajswenson:

Go for a family last name...such as your maiden name or a grandma's maiden name....you might find a neat blend that way and with a family touch in it too.

daspencer08
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Well, I don't have a name suggestion. Even though it may be easier to think of name that might be used either as a first name or last name, ya know, just so it doesn't sound so blan. But then again, try researching some family names. Maybe there is a name in there somewhere that used to be traditional or still is traditional but you don't hear it much these days that will fit. I know most time those names are considered the 'old folk' names, but you never know how unique one might be! I'm also reminded of a country song that I love. One of the verses says that the guy is from a place where you give your children your grandmother's maiden name... just a thought. Hope this might help you out a little.

MZK3
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:11 PM

When I got pregnant with my first child I was hoping to have a boy because I found in a baby book the only unique name for a boy and fell in love with it. Everyone was asking how I came up with it, but it was a book! Anyways, the name is Zaiden. It's a very strong, solid and unique name that I just love!!!  I hope this helps and congrats!!! It goes good, Clayton and Zaiden. They sound the same!! Lots of luck!!! :)

lovemyfamily722
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:16 PM

I am not the best with really unique names, but here are some suggestions:

Graham, Parker, Gage/Ghage, Elliot, Kiernan, Oliver....  sorry, I know those arent really unique buy my mind is drawing a blank!!  Good luck :)

smiley630
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Tucker, Parker, Webster, Hooper, Cooper, (these are a few last names in my area) 

Kencaid,  Campbell

----- Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/smiley630
Nzumbe
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Archer

I like that one now for some reason.  I'm thinking of making it my next kid's middle name, lol.

Brokensurvivor
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Zayden!! yeah my husband said no to that!! haha
i LOVED it too!!

Quoting MZK3:

When I got pregnant with my first child I was hoping to have a boy because I found in a baby book the only unique name for a boy and fell in love with it. Everyone was asking how I came up with it, but it was a book! Anyways, the name is Zaiden. It's a very strong, solid and unique name that I just love!!!  I hope this helps and congrats!!! It goes good, Clayton and Zaiden. They sound the same!! Lots of luck!!! :)

hfs1998
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:03 PM

what's wrong with Wright?  Mason Wright Bryan.  MWB.  I actually like it, but then I gave my son my maiden name for his middle name and its a long German name that no one ever has a first name so maybe that's just me.  My family loves it though.  My friend gave her two girls her maiden name as their middle name, I think its Dutch and definitely NOT first name material.

do you (or DH) have any male relatives that you might like to honor?  it doesn't have to be the exact name - it can be a form or derivation of the name or even simply the same initial.  good luck!  I'm sure that you will come up with the perfect name for your little guy.

Quoting Brokensurvivor:

Well my Maiden name is Wright and my mothers maiden nmaes Polson. they wont work! Thanks for the advice tho!

Quoting ajswenson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)