Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons poor butt!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

UGH! I don't know what to do! My son is 22 months old and for the last several months when he poops its OBVIOUS it hurts... And then when he's done and I wipe (he's potty trained), theres blood!!!!! He has ADULT size poops... I've mentioned it to a DR and the DR just said that it's normal and nothing to worry about right now... But I think it might be... I'm going to call to see if we can get in to see my sons ACTUAL DR instead of another one that's there... Bc I think it's an issue... It's making it where he's SCARED to poop... Plus after he poops, he walks around scratching his butt!!!!! UGH!!!!! Anyone else have this problem?? If so, what did/do you do??? Please help!! =(

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsTabangcura
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Aww poor kid. Try giving him some more apple juice throughout the day. Congrats on the potty training at 22 months!! Can I send my kids to you??? 

DillonsMommy06
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Have you tried changing his diet? More fiber? Maybe his poops are too big and/or too hard...otherwise, I'm not sure...but here's a BUMP for you! =)

**Edit - and like the last poster said, congrats on potty trainin' at 22 months! We are sooo not there yet! Lol

MOMMYSLOVE13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:39 PM

my son will be 4 this summer and he is the same way the dr put him on miralax and it makes his poop runny when he takes it but hardnes when hes not on it I can get hiim to poop in the poty for nothing and he will be 4 so any ideas ladies and yes he poops bigger than mine as well lol 

gagegang
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:41 PM

Children's poop is actually quit large. I think the problem that may be going is one of his bowl movements had some rough edges and to hard. It cut some of his anal and now everytime he poops it keeps reopening the sore.  Does he eat white bread? Lots of dairy? Try switching to wheat bread for 4 days. Limit his cheese and dairy intake. Offer him a little more juice to make his poop losen. In about 4 to 5 days the sore should have enough time to heal. Basically right now you just want to make his bowl movements a little more softer.

HutsonMom07
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Ever since my neice was 2( she has the same problem with pooping) we have been giving her what is called MIRALAX... it makes it so that they can poop easier.. and it works.. you can mix it with drinks.. food just about anything... You could always try that...

NoahsMomma6807
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:42 PM

Quoting MrsTabangcura:

Aww poor kid. Try giving him some more apple juice throughout the day. Congrats on the potty training at 22 months!! Can I send my kids to you??? 

haha! He's been potty trained for about a month now! I started when he was 14 months because he showed interest and he would go when I took him.. But bc I was working and he was at home with daddy, it wasn't being done right.. And when I left his father, I did it in 2 days!!! And we haven't looked back since!!! If you'd like some ideas/help, you can PM me!!! The way I did is one of the best ways to do it!!! =)

ajswenson
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:43 PM

vasoline does wonders for helping poop get out easier...and it helps with the itchies after too.

my aunt, who is a nurse, has to give her dd mineral  oil every day b/c she too has adult size poops and has since she was little.  start out small.

good luck.

MrsTabangcura
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Quoting NoahsMomma6807:

Quoting MrsTabangcura:

haha! He's been potty trained for about a month now! I started when he was 14 months because he showed interest and he would go when I took him.. But bc I was working and he was at home with daddy, it wasn't being done right.. And when I left his father, I did it in 2 days!!! And we haven't looked back since!!! If you'd like some ideas/help, you can PM me!!! The way I did is one of the best ways to do it!!! =)

Ok SPILL IT!! My ex did my oldest by aiming at cheerios and worked in 1 day!!!! Now my Dh is hard headed!!! My son is 3 and says that he doesn't want to hold his pee pee down. So you know that he understands what he is supposed to do. So please help me!!!!

Steph_reynolds
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM

this happened with my son ONCE when he was about 8 months old.  I called his DR in absolute hysterics. 

make SURE he is getting plenty of liquids.  water and such.  also, give him some prune or apple juice, or even a combo of the two.  not too much because too much will give them diarrhea and give him a sore butt for another reason, and maybe even a rash, and we don't want that.  id start with about 6 oz a day, and, give more or less each day until you get the right amount. 

expecting boybaby boyits a boy

NoahsMomma6807
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Quoting gagegang:

Children's poop is actually quit large. I think the problem that may be going is one of his bowl movements had some rough edges and to hard. It cut some of his anal and now everytime he poops it keeps reopening the sore.  Does he eat white bread? Lots of dairy? Try switching to wheat bread for 4 days. Limit his cheese and dairy intake. Offer him a little more juice to make his poop losen. In about 4 to 5 days the sore should have enough time to heal. Basically right now you just want to make his bowl movements a little more softer.

He isn't a fan of bread.. And we don't drink juice (he doesn't like it).. And he gets milk with breakfast lunch and dinner and the rest of the time its flavored water.. He gets plenty of fiber... Not much dairy (he's not a big fan)... He's not a big meat eater, but he LOVES fruits n veggies..... And it's not that his poop is like HARD or anything bc it's NOT.. They are solid but soft.. Just really large!!!! lol So I'm at a loss.. =(  He HATES pooping... =(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)