Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

non-smoker?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

I quit smoking the second i found out i was pregnant. Anyone know when someone can be officially a "non smoker", like for insurance purposes and things like that. Im sure it varies a little by company.I havent had a cigerette since February 14th. (yay me!)

I was just curious

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeslieSS
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I have no idea!

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM

I think its like 3 months.

briana_paige
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

With my husband's insurance, you had to wait a year and then go take a spit swab.

sarah427
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I'm a licensed insurance agent...it's 12 months. Congratulations!

MrsTabangcura
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I'm not sure!!  If you are signing up for new insurance I would put you are a non-smoker. If you currently have insurance I would call them and tell them you no longer smoke and see what they say.

KendallsMommi
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Im not completely sure but Congrats !!!!! I quit smoking as soon as I found out I was prego ( last year ) and have been a non smoker since , it was very hard but such a self-fishness thing to do for ur unborn baby , Congrats and good luck with continuing being a non smoker and through out ur pregnancy.

MzSeXyC
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:52 PM

you know i always wondered why your insurance is higher because your a smoker lol.

is it something to do with distractions? like they figure if your smoking a cigarette, or go to light one your at a higher risk to cause a accident?

Quoting sarah427:

Jencal1983
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM

I think its more health insurance, my auto insurance didnt ask if i was a smoker or not.

Quoting MzSeXyC:

you know i always wondered why your insurance is higher because your a smoker lol.

is it something to do with distractions? like they figure if your smoking a cigarette, or go to light one your at a higher risk to cause a accident?

Quoting sarah427:

sunilyn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I think that she is talking about life or health ins. and for that it is a year. Congrats to you because it is hard work. I have not smoked since April 2007. I feel so much better. Keep up the good work mama. YOU CAN DO IT!!!! 

MzSeXyC
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:56 PM

well yeah that makes sense.

but i know some insurance companies for auto insurance will ask if your a smoker to and will make you do a mouth swab for it. least they did with my brother lol. so i was just curious if the lady might have known...if she deals with auto insurance at all lol.

Quoting Jencal1983:

I think its more health insurance, my auto insurance didnt ask if i was a smoker or not.

Quoting MzSeXyC:

Quoting sarah427:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)