Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does anyone know the process?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM
  • 2 Replies

my husband just graduated boot camp for the military. an is now is school to learn everything he has to for the job he is going into. it was supposed to be 6 months long. but he just found out there could be a month-5 months of delays before he even starts school! i was somewhat ok with the 6months apart. ill just go visit every now an then. itll be ok. but over a yr! i cant do that. his school is in IL, i live in cali. i want to move out there with him, i have 2 daughters. but my oldest is from a previous relationship. we have a court order in place since she was one yrs old. but he disapeared after she turned 2 yrs old. no contact what so ever n no child support. its been a yr and four months he's been gone. i wanted to know, has anyone ever gone to the court and asked for permission to move out of state?? i wanted to get his rights removed, but that is a 5-6 months process. and we want to move in the next few months. anyone have any advise or suggestions??

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Sirenabella
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 10:59 PM

My advice would be to talk to a lawyer or go to the courthouse to talk to them. They should let you know what you can and can't do. Also if your husband is military now you should have access to base legal. Call them.

3armycuties
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:07 PM

I think if their AIT is 6 months or more, you can go with them. Have him check it out and see if you can move there. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)