• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you do it alone???

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM
  • 2 Replies

my husband is in the military and we just had our second baby a month and a half ago and now all of a sudden he has to leave for 3 weeks and i will be all alone wilth a 2 1/2 year old and an almost two month old i am scarred to death how will i manage to get anything done how will i ever get to shower how will i be able to give my 2 year old a bath how will i get dinner cooked...this goes on and on anyone got any ideas or tips that will make life alone with two small kids easier tia

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
heavensnt86
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM

My husband was away in Kentucky when our 2nd daughter was born for 2 months(well 4 all together.), my older DD was almost 3 at the time. It was hard at first but once i realized i am the only one here to do it , then it got a little better. I also had some help from my family, they would come help me out sometimes and watch the kids for me so i could get a shower. Also the hands free bottle was a life saver! while the baby eats you can get the dishes or some laundry done. I also timed it so my girls would nap around the same time. Well hope this helps. Best of luck.

gkm15099
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

My Dh work 48 hours straight and then is home for 24 (where he mostly sleeps), so I do pretty much everything on my own.  Trust me, you will learn.  I would suggest going ahead and getting some freeze meals done, so if you have a rough day you can just pull them out.  One trick, when I bath my triplets, I turn a video on in their playroom, and soon as I put them down they head for their playroom, so that I can dress  them without a fight.  It helps SO much.  Make sure you have a good nap schedule in place, so that you have a few hours break every day. 

Best of luck,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)