Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy, high blood pressure, pre-eclampsia

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM
  • 46 Replies

Please help me, I have high blood pressure and am 35wks along, my #s have stayed high all day so Im sure I will be back in L&D tommorow. If you had high blood pressure during pregnancy, how far along were you and what did they do to treat it ???

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2LiamNMolly
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM

How high are your numbers? 

babys-first-easter01.gif  babys-second-easter1.gif

Stefanie~ Mom to Irish Twins Liam (7/07) and Molly (06/08)
greenie63
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:27 PM

I had pregnancy induced hypertension with all 3. They treated me with BP meds and I made it full term with all 3. I was watched very closely, stress testing for the last month 2 times a week.

4reasons2smile
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM

believe this or not but i had it bad my bp was 163/100 at one point yes im not lying and my pulse 108 i though i was for sure having a stroke and my mil gave me red grapefruit juice and it went down sometimes it would go down so fast it literally made me dizzy...try it and if it doesnt go down tonight i would go back how high is it?

greenie63
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I was also advised to stay off my feet when not working and lay on my left side.

PurpleNurples
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:29 PM

I had high blood pressure with two of my pregnancies.  I was treated with medication.  The first time I delivered at 37wks., the second was 39wks and 2days.  Just relax, worrying only makes your bp go up! :)  Do you have any swelling?  Are you drinking lots of water?  They will probably start you on some medicine and all will be well.  PM me if you need to chat.  I know how scary this feels.

flying bunny

4reasons2smile
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:30 PM

they also had me laying down on left side in a dark room and it also helped...that was before i was put on meds but i was actually taking meds after i had my baby they call it post preeclampsia and is ver rare...but the grapefruit the actual fruit or the juice they helped tremendously...

NJKL32107

I had preeclampsia with my first child. I was diagnosed at 27 weeks and had an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. (not to scare you or anything). Have you already been diagnosed with pre-e or are your blood pressures just high? I was put on Methodopia (spell?...blood pressure pill...its called Aldominet) Anyways it worked ok, but there isnt really anything you can do when the Pre-e acts up, no pills will help at that point. Look out for the signs, such as blurred vision, headaches that wont go away, and pain below your ribs on your right side. If you have any of these, goto L&D ASAP. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Hope I could help. Good Luck

Nicole

single_and_preg

mone was 140/90 my whole pregnancym they were real concerned, but just kept checking it, and i went the whole 40 weeks and didnt develop preclampsia....How high is yours?

PurpleNurples
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

OMG, I hear you!  Mine was 180/120!!!!! They were worried I was gonna start having seizures, or even worse a stroke!  I never heard of the red grapefruit juice thing.  Wish I woulda know that then!

Quoting 4reasons2smile:

believe this or not but i had it bad my bp was 163/100 at one point yes im not lying and my pulse 108 i though i was for sure having a stroke and my mil gave me red grapefruit juice and it went down sometimes it would go down so fast it literally made me dizzy...try it and if it doesnt go down tonight i would go back how high is it?

flying bunny

LaurensMama509
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM

Mama,

I just want to say... Keep your chin up! I have severe pre-eclampsia w/ HELLP Syndrome... But my daughter was born at 28 wks because of it. We are both doing great now! If you need to talk, feel free to send me a personal msg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)