Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So Freaking Frustrated Right Now

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Science and Nursing in 2007, got my license as a Registered Nurse in 2008...but I found out I was pregnant when I passed my test LOL...so hubby and I decided I would wait to have the baby before I pursued my career.

Well now my baby is 3 months old, I have applied to soooo many jobs I've lost count.  I haven't even received one phone call!  I realize the economy is crappy and what not, but the jobs are posted....so why can't I have ONE???  

Every job always requires 6 months-1 year experience...

HOW DO I GET EXPERIENCE IF YOU WON'T EVEN CALL ME?????

*sigh*

Sorry, just frustrated.  We aren't in desperate need of the money, but it would be nice to have a second income...it would be nice to WORK and be productive.   

baby development

baby
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sunilyn
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM

Just give it time mama. When your time has come to have a job, then you will have one. I think that it is that time of year where places are going to start hiring again, so keep looking! 

Tatum2U

that stinks I thought that was an area that would always need people? I guess keep trying. sorry i'm not much help =(

jenn31

i hear that a lot with nurses, well at least the ones here. Have you keep in touch with any of the people you graduated with. I would call them and tell them to keep an ear out. You never know what may come up.

God Help Us.

MissAndrea125
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:31 PM

Have you tried taking a position like a step or two down from RN?  Some position in a medical office could be enough to be your 'experience,' and who knows, if you take a lower grade job it could easily be promoted to what you are licensed for. Just a thought, I'm not in the field so I'm not sure.

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:32 PM

have you tried getting in contact back with them?  that ALWAYS helps. I help hire people and that is one thing we look for 

jenn31
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM

And what about Public Health. I would look into that.

God Help Us.

SunshineJJ7
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Thanks for the advice ladies.  I actually have been applying for things like Nurse Assistant and Hospital Service Technician...just to get some clinical experience, but still no calls.

I'm sure it will just take time.  It's just so frustrating to go to school for something, study so hard to pass the board, and nothing is coming out from all that hard work!

baby development

baby
MissAndrea125
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Quoting SunshineJJ7:

Thanks for the advice ladies.  I actually have been applying for things like Nurse Assistant and Hospital Service Technician...just to get some clinical experience, but still no calls.

I'm sure it will just take time.  It's just so frustrating to go to school for something, study so hard to pass the board, and nothing is coming out from all that hard work!

You could also try just going from place to place and actually talking to the people who are in charge of say the hospital or office. Introduce yourself and tell them your situation, so maybe they'll remember your face when looking at resumes. And I agree about calling them and checking about your app. My mom used to tell me the same thing, ifI want a job, call a couple times so they know I really interested.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)