Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just went back to work and my daughter is 4 months old and she will not take a bottle!! I went back on monday and I am gone from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and she still has yet to take a feeding from a bottle!! I am open to all suggestions!! I pump everyday for the next days feedings and we have bought dr. browns, nuk, playtex(3 diffrent nipples), born free, mam bottles I am at a loss right now and I am really worried that she is not getting enough to eat. 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jamtay21881
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:47 PM

no idea...but here's a bump

bump

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I don't remember what brand of bottle it is but at WalMart I got these bottles that have a harder nipple inside a bigger soft nipple and it's a lot like a real boob. My DD wouldn't accept bottles for ages but she did accept these so it might be worth a try. I wish I could remember the brand...

Proud Mommy to Rachel Joy!!

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Have you tried the Adiri bottles?  They are expensive but I know some people who swear by them.  What about the first years Breastflow bottle?  They have a two part nipple to mimic milk let down.  Nuby also has a new one out that is call the natural touch and has a very flexible nipple.  There is also Avent.  They are pretty good too. 

I had the same problem with my son.  He was SO picky about bottles when I had to stop nursing.  It does get better though!

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one.

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Thats the Breastflow bottle by The First Years that I mentioned in my post above!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I don't remember what brand of bottle it is but at WalMart I got these bottles that have a harder nipple inside a bigger soft nipple and it's a lot like a real boob. My DD wouldn't accept bottles for ages but she did accept these so it might be worth a try. I wish I could remember the brand...

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Quoting AJSMOMMY0508:

Have you tried the Adiri bottles?  They are expensive but I know some people who swear by them.  What about the first years Breastflow bottle?  They have a two part nipple to mimic milk let down.  Nuby also has a new one out that is call the natural touch and has a very flexible nipple.  There is also Avent.  They are pretty good too. 

I had the same problem with my son.  He was SO picky about bottles when I had to stop nursing.  It does get better though!

Breastflow! I think that's the one I was thinking of! Also, if you're married or living with someone who can try giving her bottles at home you might want to have them offer a bottle once or twice a day to help her get used to them.

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Thanks! :-)

Quoting AJSMOMMY0508:

Thats the Breastflow bottle by The First Years that I mentioned in my post above!

Quoting GodsAmiga:

jorismama
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 11:53 PM

Quoting AJSMOMMY0508:

I have avent too I did try to go and get the breastflow bottles but they were sold out when I went. Thanks for all the good ideas. I just worry she is only 12lbs 6 oz she can't afford to loose any weight

AJSMOMMY0508
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Yea I know.  My son was low birth weight (he had intrauterine growth restriction) and was very very picky.  I have about 8 different brands of bottles and more kinds of nipples than I can count.  Its hard to transition.

Quoting jorismama:

Quoting AJSMOMMY0508:

I have avent too I did try to go and get the breastflow bottles but they were sold out when I went. Thanks for all the good ideas. I just worry she is only 12lbs 6 oz she can't afford to loose any weight

mommy2be822
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:05 PM

try a cap with your breastmilk and let her sip it or a dropper or syringe  the big ones work.  it might take awhile but she'll transition to a bottle eventually just hang in there.

Kate

momma2twoboyz
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Don't know if this would help, but my sister went through the same thing.  Her little girl wouldn't take a bottle, until my mom found the cheapest bottle...it's Gerber, and they are like a dollar each.  It worked like magic for her.  My son likes them too. 

Quoting jorismama:

I just went back to work and my daughter is 4 months old and she will not take a bottle!! I went back on monday and I am gone from 6:30 am to 6:00 pm and she still has yet to take a feeding from a bottle!! I am open to all suggestions!! I pump everyday for the next days feedings and we have bought dr. browns, nuk, playtex(3 diffrent nipples), born free, mam bottles I am at a loss right now and I am really worried that she is not getting enough to eat. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)