Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it safe for kids to eat Activia yogurt?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

May be a dumb question... but I just got a bunch from costco cause I have tummy issues... but Hannah likes to eat yogurt sometimes, and she of course doesn't have tummy issues, so I don't want to give her any!;)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Forget-me-not
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:13 PM

yes, have you considered probiotics for your stomach issues?

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 12, Abby 8 and  BABY BOY  In June. Ask me about freebirthing?

thekadysjr
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I hope so my kids love it

CrazyChik
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Another post (about a kid having probs. pooping) someone replyed saying their dad gave their baby activia & the baby shit for days.  so basically was a very strong laxitive.  But judging from your pic. & the other's reply, I'm thinking their child was younger than yours.

But personally, I'd ask the ped.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 12:53 PM

That's what I'm worried about! She's 3 1/2, and doesn't eat yogurt every day... but I still am hesitant to let her eat it, I might just get her some yogurt of her own.

Quoting CrazyChik:

Another post (about a kid having probs. pooping) someone replyed saying their dad gave their baby activia & the baby shit for days.  so basically was a very strong laxitive.  But judging from your pic. & the other's reply, I'm thinking their child was younger than yours.

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I've considered lot's of stuff;) I have IBS.

Quoting Forget-me-not:

yes, have you considered probiotics for your stomach issues?

Forget-me-not
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:08 PM

She'll be fine, the ingredient in Activia is just probiotics which is good for everyone. The reason the baby pooed for days it because it was a baby and babies cannot digest the enzyme in cows milk which is also in yogurt. It's not a laxative, that was just poor decision making on that guy's part. Here is a link to the Q&A portion of the activia website one of the questions is is it suitable for children, the answer is yes.

http://www.activia.us.com/faqs.asp#16

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

That's what I'm worried about! She's 3 1/2, and doesn't eat yogurt every day... but I still am hesitant to let her eat it, I might just get her some yogurt of her own.

Quoting CrazyChik:

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 12, Abby 8 and  BABY BOY  In June. Ask me about freebirthing?

Mama2HannahLynn
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Good... cause she just gobbled down a vanilla one like it was going out of style! ;)

Quoting Forget-me-not:

She'll be fine, the ingredient in Activia is just probiotics which is good for everyone. The reason the baby pooed for days it because it was a baby and babies cannot digest the enzyme in cows milk which is also in yogurt. It's not a laxative, that was just poor decision making on that guy's part. Here is a link to the Q&A portion of the activia website one of the questions is is it suitable for children, the answer is yes.

http://www.activia.us.com/faqs.asp#16

Quoting Mama2HannahLynn:

Quoting CrazyChik:

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

yah my DD loves it too...

Quoting thekadysjr:

I hope so my kids love it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN