Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who will she look like? Which genes are stronger?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 29 Replies

I'm irish.  I have red hair and pale skin.  I'm pregnant and the father is 100% hispanic.  Dark hair, dark skin, everything.

I'm getting near my due date and the suspense is killing me.  Will she look more hispanic (what I'm hoping for) or more irish or maybe both?

by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_beck
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

i think it depends... i dont think i could wait to find out either.. my money is on darker complected tho

single_and_preg
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM

I think its a guessing game until they are born, no matter what ethnic backgrounds you are, because my son's father is black , im white, but my son looks white. Everyone thinks he is only white.

fryshannon34
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I think she will look more like Dad.I am very light skinned and have blue eyes and all 3 of my kids are dark like their dad.Heres a pic.

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM

I think more hispanic.....

amanda357
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Wow! I'm hoping mine will look like that.  They are beautiful.

Quoting fryshannon34:

I think she will look more like Dad.I am very light skinned and have blue eyes and all 3 of my kids are dark like their dad.Heres a pic.

2brats1chkymnky
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM

My dbf is Irish/German and I am hispanic and our kids look like him with the exception of our dd who has brown curly hair like mine but in the sun you can see reddish and blondish highlights. Our 2yr old ds has very light brown hair and when the sun shines on it you can see red. Both of them are pale skinned kids.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Kellie7708
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM

I'm white--German/Russian/French/English background--and my husband is from Mexican and pretty much of pure Aztez/Native stock.  Our daughter who's 9 months old has pretty dark hair, dark dark brown eyes, and tan skin.  She doesn't look completely Hispanic but she doesn't look like your average pasty white kid either.  I think mixed kids are the prettiest!!!  Of course I'm biased.  Be prepared for Mongolian spots though...they are black/bluish looking splotches on the backside and are supposed to go away in a couple of years but I didn't know about them until my daughter was born and thought they were bruises but the doctor explained they are common amongst Asian, Hispanic and African-American babies.

He/She will be beautiful!

Jaden8505
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Well I do think  or I guess my prediction will be that she will look like her dad.

HOWEVER, In my case I am a very pale blond who married a darker complected guy (some portagese, and native americian)  with all dark featurs except for his eyes (their blue). and my daughter, who I thought would be born with dark hair and skin because it is the more dominate gene came out with a full head of blond hair and a light complextion. so its really hard to tell who they will look like or have the features of till they are born. Good luck mama.

roxy85
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Maybe she'll look like one of you and her future sibling will look like the other, haha. That's what happened in my family.

The baby and I

My oldest and hubby

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

lcappytan05
by on Apr. 11, 2009 at 7:55 PM

i think it depends on who has the more dominant features. yes, dark features are usually more dominant, but not always the case.

for example, my hubby has very dominant features and distinct bone structure, so i am kind of leaning that our baby will look a lot like him.

however, my side of the family has very strong blood lines...i mean that we all take after the "stark" side (my mom's side) and they are all blondes with light eyes...we have german ancestry...

so it really depends on the dominant features...

Are you an Evolution Mommy??? Come join my group! click here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)