Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

99.1 a fever in adults?

Posted by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM
  • 12 Replies

I know that I'm going to sound really stupid but w/ this whole swine thing i'm freakin out a little.  I'm getting married in a week. I've had  a sore throat and swollen glands w/ fluid in my ears since tuesday. they say it's some kinda virus.  I just took my temp and it's 99.1 is that considered a fever in adults?

by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILoveMyJason
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:04 PM

It would be considered a low-grade fever, I believe.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
jmlgb
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM

It's not considered a fever until it is over 100 

ForeverMeme
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

99 degrees was actually a normal temp for my son, from the day he was born.  

diane08502
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:07 PM

No, 99.1 is not a fever in anyone.  You can have the flu without a fever.   I hope you feel better soon! 

dianelanglamorticella@yahoo.com
lovelily79
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM

no not a fever...maybe ear infection or a sinus issue......and if you worry too much about things (like the flu) you can make yourself sick or make yourself think your sick lol.....

women-1-2.gif picture by straightupmama

Katee1107
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:29 PM

lol i know, but with me barely being able to hear outa my right ear who knoes. lol. I'm getting married so thats why i'm freakin out more, i dont want me or any of my kids or anyone to be sick that day!

Quoting lovelily79:

no not a fever...maybe ear infection or a sinus issue......and if you worry too much about things (like the flu) you can make yourself sick or make yourself think your sick lol.....

*Mom to Irish Twins* *Getting married May, 9th 2009*

Chey_s_Mommy
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Nope.. My guess is ear infection. I know you said it was some virus.. but that's what happens to me when I get a bad ear infection.

Good Luck and Hope you feel better soon. 

Katee1107
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:38 PM

i went in  last night and the doc said i have a lot of fluid in the ear and it could turn into an infection, but i'm on zithromax now since tuesday

Quoting Chey_s_Mommy:

Nope.. My guess is ear infection. I know you said it was some virus.. but that's what happens to me when I get a bad ear infection.

Good Luck and Hope you feel better soon. 

*Mom to Irish Twins* *Getting married May, 9th 2009*

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Unless you have a history of a low "normal body temp.  99.1 isnt considered a fever.  Is the meds he gave you supposed to fight the infection?  They may be causing your body temp to go up so it can fight whatever is going on.  I would keep hydrated, rest as much as you can, etc until the big day.

jcbruce_80
by on May. 1, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Quoting jmlgb:

It's not considered a fever until it is over 100 

Actually, 99.1 is considered a fever. I tried to donate blood one time and they wouldn't let me because I had a 99.1 fever. Seriously, though, there is such a difference in temperatures from person to person, and 99.1 is so low grade, I wouldn't worry much about it. It could be caused by something as simple as a headache or a slight change in blood pressure or something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)