Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you think that the fruit made in Mexico is safe to eat??

Posted by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM
  • 24 Replies

An Asian friend of mine gave me some mangos....she gets them from an Asian store and my daughter loves them.  Well after we had some at her house, tonight my daughters wanted more. So I started to cut it and noticed a sticker that said product of Mexico.  Do you think they are safe to eat?  I am just imagining them sneezing on them and putting them into the line.  Would you eat them?

by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Laura4807
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:51 PM

I would wash them, then eat them... and don't eat the peel.  lol

After you join Monkey Grass,
come Seek Amy with us :-)

Monkey_in_the_Grass_by_SemiGekko-5.gif picture by dmarie2101

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

AJSMOMMY0508

You should always WASH fruit before eating it plus its not made in Mexico its grown.  Oh and yes I would eat them after I washed them!

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

MichelleM72

bump

youngmm

Hmm..I would say theyre safe..just wash them with soap and warm water. I think some people are being too paranoid now..

jmo.

MichelleM72
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:53 PM

anyone else?

janette23
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:53 PM

YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR FRUIT NO MATTER WHERE ITS GROWN, AND FYI THE FRUIT AND EVERYTHING THAT WE BUY THATS MADE IN THE USA HAS THE CHANCE OF SOMEONE COUGHING ON IT. NOT JUST FRUITS FROM MEXICO

MichelleM72
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Really I am not trying to be smart I know that someone else could cough on them.. I just know that this Swine flu started in Mexico.

Quoting janette23:

YOU SHOULD WASH YOUR FRUIT NO MATTER WHERE ITS GROWN, AND FYI THE FRUIT AND EVERYTHING THAT WE BUY THATS MADE IN THE USA HAS THE CHANCE OF SOMEONE COUGHING ON IT. NOT JUST FRUITS FROM MEXICO

TuMaiidiiTa.
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I don't even talk to Mexicans because you never know! ::sarcasm:: eye rolling 

aapye
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I think your safe.  The majority of fruit we eat is from Mexico and if it was passed that way Everyone would be sick

AJSMOMMY0508
by on May. 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM

It's transmitted by PEOPLE not fruit.  As long as you wash it you should be just fine.  There is swine flu here too so I don't think it would matter where your fruit came from.

Quoting MichelleM72:

Really I am not trying to be smart I know that someone else could cough on them.. I just know that this Swine flu started in Mexico.

Quoting janette23:

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN