Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Will my belly flab go down any more?? WARNING!!!! Graphic pics, please don't make fun :)

Posted by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM
  • 41 Replies

Okay I still have a LOT of belly flab.  If you saw my post before of how big I got when I was PG then it makes sence.  I started out at 112lbs and got up to 174.  Now I'm down to 118 and still have this flabby pouch.  I know it won't go away completly but do I have a chance it will go down any more?  Since its just there that I have excess fat it makes it look like I'm pregnant if I'm wearing tight shirts, and forget about 2 piece swim suits.  I had my baby 8.75 months ago.  What haver your experiences been?  Do you think if I loose more weight I can get it to go down more (if there is excess fat in there)

This is 2 years before the baby....

I'm a single, Christian, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, cloth diapering, No CIO, liberal, baby-wearing, pro-choice, planning to extend rear facing past 1 and 20, full time school kind of mama. Choosing what I believe is safest and best for MY child.  Everyone has the right to choose what is best for their child.  This is just my way :) 

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abellababy
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Mine looks about the same! I started off at 130, gave birth at 222, lost only 40 of that and now Im pregnant again! Id like some tips too!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

pregnancy due date

theremom4
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:17 PM

get the belly band. Walmart.com is the cheapest place I have found. It helps.

Melissa.j
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Don't sweat it --- You look great!!

Save 40%!

CarterMommy
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:19 PM

sorry i've been lucky and mine all goes away really quickly so here is a BUMP for ya 

`

Peanutx3
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

My baby is now 2.5 years old and after a total of 3 c-sections I still have excess skin, not quite as much but still have some.  It does take time and I have been told to drink lots of water that it helps with the elasticity of your skin.

armygirl16
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM

The last pic was before I gave birth :) I just want more clothing options, I have LOTS of clothes, very few that I can wear though.  I'm also worried about what I will wear this summer

I'm a single, Christian, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, non-vaxing, cloth diapering, No CIO, liberal, baby-wearing, pro-choice, planning to extend rear facing past 1 and 20, full time school kind of mama. Choosing what I believe is safest and best for MY child.  Everyone has the right to choose what is best for their child.  This is just my way :) 

aidansmom0313
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate to break it to you, but that's not belly fat. It's the excess skin  from being stretched out from pregnancy and the only way to really make it go away is with plastic surgery. You can probably get a post-maternity belt to hide it under your clothes, but I don't think that will work for bikinis.  You could just get a cute one-piece or maybe a tankini to hide it. You can also try some abdominal exercises (not just crunches) to tighten the muscles, which can help some, but the only way for the extra skin to go away is with surgery. it's the price we mommas pay for our bundles of joy!

adulation
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2009 at 7:29 PM

yeah it will go down some more, i think, but not too much....

i was pretty small before i got pregnant [110] gained 30 lbs and now i am a little less than my pre pregnancy weight but the excess skin is still there... the stretched out skin... it never goes away [without surgery]. it sucks.  with clothes on you would never guess!! haha.

it went down a lot but the pooch never did.

owner of single and never married moms        owner of birth control forum

armygirl16
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM

I've heard some people say surgery is the only way but then I see other people who are skinny and look like normal months afters.  I'm actually hoping there is fat in my flab and not all just skin.  Then I have some hope for it to shrink still.  You definitly do NOT look 8 months PG though!!!

Quoting lyric2005:

Please don't make fun of me either I can't believe I have the guts to even put this on here. I have Endometriosis and my stomach looks 8 months pregnant sometimes. I hate and I would love some tips too. But its nice to know I am not the only one going through  it :)  Not that I am glad you are though.

Tisha1115
by on May. 4, 2009 at 7:32 PM

the only advice I can give is drink lots of water (tea, koolaid, crystal light, coffee, and jello count) and eat LOTS of fruits and veggies. Watch your calories and exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Since it's nice out now strap the little one in a stroller and walk a mile (or more if you can). lie on your back, curl up, and put little one on your legs and lift up and down. IDK if it will all come off, but most should. Actually I have to get backk into the swing of things since I have gained everything back that I had lost 4 years ago :( 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)