Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

24 weeks and 3cm dilated

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so I am 24 weeks and a few days prego and went to the hospital the other day with contractions.  The doctor checked me and said I was 3cm dilated.  They kept me over night to make sure the contractions stopped then sent me home with "light" activity.  Basically she said just to get up and pee then go sit back down. 

Has anyone been 3 cm or more for awhile before they went into labor?  I am so worried that my little girl is going to come to early to survive.  Oh and I know I should have asked the doctor but is sex ok?

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on May. 8, 2009 at 12:30 AM

No do not have sex.

jothra
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM

You need to talk more to your doc about everything. And no, NO SEX! Basically, you are on bedrest at home.

puppiesnkitties
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

i can't believe they didn't put you on complete bedrest..no you shouldn't have sex.  You need to be extremely careful with what you do.

Are you sure you are 3cm dilated? I can't believe your doctor is taking that so lightly.

lovepink26
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:32 AM

I would say NO to sex and keep your butt in bed until you're full term. Bed rest and lots of fluids.

Photobucket

First_One_8_18
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM

Definately no sex. The prostaglandin in the sperm may help things along.

Quoting jothra:

You need to talk more to your doc about everything. And no, NO SEX! Basically, you are on bedrest at home.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday TickerPregnancy ticker

junebug624
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Sorry no sex for you.  The doc put me on modified bed rest (get up to go to college for an hour, and go home and lay back down). I was also on pelvic rest and boy did THAT suck.  Just so you feel better I know a girl on here who had her daughter at 25 wks last april, and right now she is doing just fine at home with her parents.  Oh, at 32 wks i was dialated 2cm until i delivered at 39 wks... just make sure you follow doctor's orders

~ June

I'm a vaccinating, circumsizing, disposable diaper using, breastfeeding switched to formula, cry it out sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM

yep 3 cm she didnt seem to worried about it and told me to go home rest and make an appointment with my doctor for the following week.

Quoting puppiesnkitties:

i can't believe they didn't put you on complete bedrest..no you shouldn't have sex.  You need to be extremely careful with what you do.

Are you sure you are 3cm dilated? I can't believe your doctor is taking that so lightly.

jaysonsmommy15
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:38 AM

is oral sex ok? haha sorry for tmi

jothra
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Are you thinned out or effaced at all? That is the only reason I can think of that the doc wouldn't be overly stressed, but 3 cm dilated, you need to be careful. Go back if you start back up with contractions.

jothra
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:39 AM

No!

Quoting jaysonsmommy15:

is oral sex ok? haha sorry for tmi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)