Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just need a little cherring up, I'm so nervous and anxious... (vent)

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM
  • 6 Replies

Since at my ultrasound he said he saw something that he shouldn't have, I am incredibly nervous. (Filling in...my doctor said he saw something that shouldn't be in my uterus during my first ultrasound at 5 weeks along...he couldn't tell me what it was and wanted to wait for another ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if he can tell then) Everyone keeps telling me not to be and act like everything is ok but thats because it isn't them so they can just say it and brush it off. doesn't take away that I am scared to go to my next appointment for fear of finding out something bad, doesn't ttake away the fact that  the days are going by so slow until my next ultrasound and appointment. I called today and got *some* of my blood results back, just the ones for the regular blood testing, not the pap or the HCG beta. I am going to call back tomorrow afternoon to see if they know anything then. (They said to call back then).  . . I just want a healthy baby to hold and nurse at the end of my 9 months. I want to get a big belly and feel the baby kick and grow inside me...I want this more than ever. Everyone said how lucky I was that I got to just tell everyone I was preggo and not have to worry about something happening but they were wrong. I do have to worry, now more than ever.  People generally are worrying for the safety of their child when there is no indication of anything being wrong but it makes it 1000 times worse when you are told there could be something wrong with you/the baby. I can hardly eat or sleep because I am anxious of finding out anything. i even thought about moving my appointment up but I want to be *sure* that I will be far enough along to have the doctor see the heartbeat on the U/S. I am pry the only one taking this to heart but wouldn't you if you were in my shoes? Everyone immediate in my life I have talked to so far just brush it off and don't care, including cory. He says he does but then when I bring it up becuase I need a comforting hug, he just says it will be ok and changes the subject. Idk, maybe everything will be, then I will be happy but I cant relax or look at cute baby stuff until i KNOW. I am supposed to protect the baby but what if i am not doing my job good enough?!

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AngelicaRenee
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:39 AM

I'm sorry. If I were in your shoes, I can assure you I'd be just as worried. Hopefully you get back nothing but good news. I guess just try to stay positive as hard as that will be.

texasmom1982
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:40 AM

I will say a special prayer for you. 

wedding websites

Sharon300
by Sharon on May. 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Awe honey I know it is scary.  When I was pregnant with my youngest I went in for an ultrasound and there was something that was floating around with the baby, my doctor said that when the yolk sac implants to become the placenta that someoff ot disinigrates and he checked me again in two week and it was gone. So hang in there mama. Hugs to you.

junebug624
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I miscarried twice in my life so far.  Once at 14 wks; that was hard because I saw on the screen the face and arms everything, but not a heartbeat.  I also miscarried this past April at 10 wks.  I feel for you, but you are only 5 wks along.  The risk of miscarriage is higher until 12 wks along and then drops.  You are still so early, and I know that doesnt help much, but it could be worse if they didnt find anything out until latter.  With each I gave myself the 12 wk mark as my goal.  Try that... say "I'm going to make it to 12!" It helped me get through things.  Good luck hun, I hope it isn't anything bad, and keep us updated... God bless you hun and make sure to get some rest

~ June

I'm a vaccinating, circumsizing, disposable diaper using, breastfeeding switched to formula, cry it out sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college attending, loving my soldier, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

tiffini06
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM

this happend to me... i was having an ultra sound at 16 weeks because i went in to the er with some bleeding... they made this strange face and i kept saying what what what and they wouldnt tell me and made me wait 3 days til i could see the doctor those 3 days where crucial to fixing the problem i had a tear in my placenta. im not trying to scare you but i know how you feal. i Felt i had failed my baby when i went into labor at 17 weeks i still do, i pray that everythings ok... i know the fealing though but 2 weeks has to be HARD!!!!

what more could i ask for?

2_Whomp_Diddys
by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I'm sorry for your loss and while it woudl be worse to find out later on, I have wanted this baby for a long time now and he/she is my baby regulardless of age or gestation. i love the baby all the same and its still aching my heart that I might have something wrong with my little bundle of  joy. I have had one miscarriage when I was 9 weeks along about 4 years ago and as time goes on, you just love the baby more than the day before.....

Quoting junebug624:

I miscarried twice in my life so far.  Once at 14 wks; that was hard because I saw on the screen the face and arms everything, but not a heartbeat.  I also miscarried this past April at 10 wks.  I feel for you, but you are only 5 wks along.  The risk of miscarriage is higher until 12 wks along and then drops.  You are still so early, and I know that doesnt help much, but it could be worse if they didnt find anything out until latter.  With each I gave myself the 12 wk mark as my goal.  Try that... say "I'm going to make it to 12!" It helped me get through things.  Good luck hun, I hope it isn't anything bad, and keep us updated... God bless you hun and make sure to get some rest

~ June

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)