Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

If your husband let you choose the date and month you got married...would you put your birthday in the decision making, only if it was close, or what? I'm just curious.

I got married on my 20th birthday June 27th. My husband let me choose it and thats the date I told him that I wanted to get married and he was fine with that. I'm just wondering how many has thought about it, has done it, wouldn't do it, or has never even thought about it.

ToshaCooper

by on May. 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HomemakinMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:01 AM

My mom Married my step dad on her 42nd birthday.

If your DH, partner, or s/o works nights or evenings then this is the group for you. PLEASE JOIN MY GROUP?!?!?!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22354
herringbones
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:13 AM

My husband and I started dating on his birthday, and we got married a few months later, on my birthday.

Roya-LPain
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:16 AM

My Birthday is in October, and Our Wedding is in Nov. His Bday Is in May our kids are May and Feb. If we hadnt chosen our venue and let them set the date I might have gone for the date we met being the sentimental person I am, but it is what it is... if you have achoice I say go for it... if you dont then its still going to be a wonderful day :D

QUOTES Pictures, Images and Photos
firewife1
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:16 AM

MY BDAY WASNT A  FACTOR BUT IT WAS NEAR VALENTINES DAY. IT WAS JUST WHEN WE COULD BOTH GET OFF WORK REALLY. WE WERE BOTH SERVING IN NAVY.

usmclife58
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2009 at 1:17 AM

I wouldn't do it on my birthday, more presents if you do it a different day LOL!! I actually try to spread everything out. Dh's bday is in July, dd's in August, mine is November and we are hoping the next one will be a May baby :)

myspace commentsPhotobucket

myspace commentsPhotobucket

gavinsmommy1013
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM

I'm getting married on June 27th this year! it's not my birthday though and i don't think i would do that, but hey if it works for you then that's cool!

NadiasMommy427
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:21 AM

I was thinking of getting married on my 30th birthday which is Aug 24th. I don't think my hubby would mind. 

AJSMOMMY0508
by on May. 8, 2009 at 1:35 AM

I don't think I could get married on my B-day.  It would be too hard for me to do it for a two reasons.  One my brother died a month before he turned 19 and he was born 3 days before me.  Two we always celebrated together and it would be too hard to celebrate both my birthday AND my wedding without him.

I'm a single, vaxing, non co-sleeping, non-CIO, ERF, EH, formula feeding, self weaning, whatever works kind of mom.  I have my opinions and I defend them.  Don't like it too bad, I change for no one, that includes you.

Mamie_85
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2009 at 1:47 AM

We will be getting married on the month/day we started dating. Sept.26th (2006)  and we have tentively set the year for 2010. (we're not positive because i'm not divorced yet lol)  We both decided this, it just seemed so right for us.

Douglas James Swenson
(June 24, 1961 - February 12, 2009)

RIP Daddy, We Love You and Miss You       

amy068
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:04 AM

I got married 4 days before my bday. It sucks cause then everything gets grouped together, birthday, anniversary and christmas all so close together

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)