Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE IT!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:13 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am so peeved...

My husband has the most immature, selfish friends... We moved out of state to where they lived, because we needed to be out of where we were. Anyway, we've been here a year, and all they ever do is sit around and drink, ignore their wives, wine and bitch about everything and get everything they want. It drives me crazy.

And to top it off, Offspring is coming to town and my DH and I got excited cus he loves them and I've always wanted to see them. So he and his friends got tickets and he bought me one.... Come to find out, they are pissed and don't want me to go. They say its always been a guy thing and they never brought girls before... THAT WAS LIKE 10 YEARS AGO! Grow up. They're all married now. They both told their wives no, and said that neither of them were allowed to babysit for me! Isn't that sooo stupid.

And what gets me even more pissed, is that the women are supposed to be my friends too, and they just listen to their husbands like that, and not help me out?

Am I being selfish for not giving them "boy time", or are they being stupid?  My DH doesn't wanna go without me, because he wants me to be part of it, and get to go see them like i've been wanting to.

GRRR

by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:16 AM

If hubby wants you to go what's the big deal? Can't he just say you are going and that's the end of that? That is what mine would do. And as far as babysitters there are plenty of them out there if you look.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on May. 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM

I think he needs new friends..... DO you ever get hubby and me time at a fun event like the concert?? Do their wives get to do fun things or sit at home while the "boys" have fun.  It isnt selfish of you to want to enjoy the concert with your husband.

Danessa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:19 AM

Yes, but I don't wanna go where i'm not wanted... It just makes me mad at how they're acting. And about the babysitter, its not that simple. We don't want just anybody, or someone we don't know to watch our children, and we don't know really anybody except them. You know? They know our kids really well, and would be the only people i'd feel comfortable leaving them with, yet their husbands won't let them babysit, after they wouldn't let them go to the concert either...

Quoting justinnaimee:

If hubby wants you to go what's the big deal? Can't he just say you are going and that's the end of that? That is what mine would do. And as far as babysitters there are plenty of them out there if you look.

AngelKissedMama
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:21 AM

No your not being selfish at all. Your hubby wants you to go & they should respect that or not go with yall. The women listen to there men probably because they have no back bone or tell there hubbys how it is. If I was in your shoes I would un invite them to go with us they sound lame & like Jerks!!!

Danessa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:22 AM

I know! We're hoping to try and get transferred in his job, closer to my family... We do go out every once in a while, and they usually watch them, but because it's something the guys are going to, they don't think I should be allowed. Like they own offspring?

They usually have parties at their house and drink and play pool, while the ladies cook and clean and hang out, but its all about what the guys want. We seldom go, and when I do, I feel like such an outcast!!!

Quoting frndlyfn:

I think he needs new friends..... DO you ever get hubby and me time at a fun event like the concert?? Do their wives get to do fun things or sit at home while the "boys" have fun.  It isnt selfish of you to want to enjoy the concert with your husband.

bablondie
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:24 AM

Guys IQ's go down when they are around friends. They need their dumb male bonding time...and no women and "man cave" time from time to time...but I am so glad my DH does not have annoying friends...but my ex did. Gosh he could get talked into ANYTHING!

My ex was very hot and one of his male friends would always try to to talk him into being "smooth" and turning into a "player' omg...and others would want him to smoke doobies, and so on. Drove me nuts....needless to say I am not with Mr. Pushover anymore.

Maybe DH needs to put his foot down and get new friends, or just decide to give him "dumb" friend time, but make sure it's like 1x a month.

Danessa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:25 AM

HAHA! its funny you say that, because I made a comment that we'd just give our tickets to their wives so they can go with them, and the guys freaked out. They immediatly said NO! and yea the wives complain and they argue, but those guys don't care, they do what they want anyway... I think they are just together just for convenience... But man, the girls are always complaining about them!

Quoting AngelKissedMama:

No your not being selfish at all. Your hubby wants you to go & they should respect that or not go with yall. The women listen to there men probably because they have no back bone or tell there hubbys how it is. If I was in your shoes I would un invite them to go with us they sound lame & like Jerks!!!

dre_bunny
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM

What a bunch of fucking turds! 

Danessa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:27 AM

LOL, no they're not that bad... i hope... But its not about guy time. My DH will hang out with them and they have their time. Its about the concert. They think that offspring is just for them, because they've always gone together, which i understand, but that shouldn't mean that I never get to see them. That is so dumb!

Quoting bablondie:

Guys IQ's go down when they are around friends. They need their dumb male bonding time...and no women and "man cave" time from time to time...but I am so glad my DH does not have annoying friends...but my ex did. Gosh he could get talked into ANYTHING!

My ex was very hot and one of his male friends would always try to to talk him into being "smooth" and turning into a "player' omg...and others would want him to smoke doobies, and so on. Drove me nuts....needless to say I am not with Mr. Pushover anymore.

Maybe DH needs to put his foot down and get new friends, or just decide to give him "dumb" friend time, but make sure it's like 1x a month.

Danessa
by on May. 8, 2009 at 2:28 AM

THANK YOU! LOL

Quoting dre_bunny:

What a bunch of fucking turds! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)