Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How horrible is this?

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

Seriously? only ten years? OMG!

http://www.wyff4.com/cnn-news/19397708/detail.html

SLED: Baby Dies; Pacifier Taped To Mouth

Child Placed With Foster Mother Day Before Death

POSTED: 3:19 pm EDT May 7, 2009
UPDATED: 6:34 pm EDT May 7, 2009

RICHLAND COUNTY, S.C. -- A Richland County foster mother is accused of causing the death of a baby in her care by taping the infant's pacifier to his mouth.

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division investigators said Angela Deniece Dukes, 30, of Columbia, S.C., is charged with unlawful conduct towards a child after a lengthy investigation.

According to an arrest warrant, the pacifier obstructed the 9-month-old's breathing, resulting in his death on Feb. 8 at Dukes' home.

After the baby's mother, Katrina Jivers, was arrested, the child was taken into emergency protective custody and placed in Dukes' care the day before his death.

Unlawful conduct towards a child is a felony offense punishable up to 10 years in prison.

Copyright 2009 by WYFF4.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SuthrnPrincess
by on May. 8, 2009 at 4:50 AM

She should be buried under the prison.. 

I'm a free thinking mommy to 5 wonderful children. I have co-slept, breastfed, circumcised, vaccinated, used a harness, allowed my kids to sleep over at friends houses, had a dirty house, and left my kids in the car while paying for my gas. I spank, let my kids watch tv and have candy from time to time. If you do not like what I stand for or how I raise my kids please feel free to return to the previous page or refrain from responding except in constructive ways. I do not care for your derogatory, holier than thou bs on any given day of the week. I am strictly here to share my experiences with other moms who might find them helpful and not to pass judgment.. Just like the rest of you should be...

jmomma2003
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:09 AM

Quoting SuthrnPrincess:

She should be buried under the prison...with a pacifier taped to her mouth. 

Jmomma2003
StinkysMommy
by on May. 8, 2009 at 5:12 AM

I read this yesterday and can't believe shes not getting murder charges. I think she shud get murder, child cruelty, child endangerment and stupidity charges on her...I know the last one they can't charge her with but they shud. Then they shud tape her mouth and nose shut and see how long she lives, or just hang her and get it over with quicker. But this is JMO.

stpalmsgirl
by on May. 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM

Oh my this is horrible!!

Only 10 years? I hope she will have a paci taped to her mouth those 10 years!

dastle
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:06 AM

WOW!  I know mom's always joke about things like that (or at least here they do),  but to actually do it is disgusting.  I can't believe that it might only be 10 yrs which usually means it will be less. I wonder how much investigating they do on foster parents before they just start handing the kids over?   I know some kids and older babies are attached to their pacifiers but why was a grown woman trying to force a 9mo old to keep one in hos mouth?!  OMG, I don't know what to think about this,  I hope the other women in prison take a lot of negative interest in this woman. 

Loved4Sure
by on May. 8, 2009 at 8:08 AM

i read something similar to this several months ago. Same thing, a lazy mom tapes her babys binky to its mouth and it suffocated.

what ignorance!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)